Eco Levels

F1RMB

Re: Eco Levels

Post by F1RMB » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:22 am

Hi,

You could try to pull out the battery for few seconds, then reinsert it.

I just flashed this "Clear_beep_buffer_and_set_hardware_audio_path", nothing strange, boot melody is playing fine. The only noticeable this is a small delay between the power on and screen init (but I didn't try the previous versions).

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:23 am

OK2HAD wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:19 am
I am not able to put the radio in the bootloader at this time. I will allow a longer charging time to eliminate the problem with the battery. I'm afraid of the worst
OK.

Try measuring the battery voltage.

I never heard of a radio where the bootloader failed.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:25 am

F1RMB wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:22 am
Hi,

You could try to pull out the battery for few seconds, then reinsert it.

I just flashed this "Clear_beep_buffer_and_set_hardware_audio_path", nothing strange, boot melody is playing fine. The only noticeable this is a small delay between the power on and screen init (but I didn't try the previous versions).

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Possibly the changes I applied to prevent bus contention when playing the boot melody can cause deadlock.
I need to add a timeout to prevent deadlock, and perhaps delay longer than 0 !

I agree.

Turn the radio off.
Remove the battery.
Press SK1 + SK2 and turn on the radio
Bootloader should run. (Green LED)

Load version from 16th Feb which is stable

OK2HAD

Post by OK2HAD » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:29 am

After repeated attempts, I managed to put the radio in the bootloader and I have the firmware from February 16, 2021.
I can continue testing.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:35 am

OK2HAD wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:29 am
After repeated attempts, I managed to put the radio in the bootloader and I have the firmware from February 16, 2021.
I can continue testing.
Don't use the latest version I posted, because perhaps it hangs sometimes during boot.

I will need to modify the last version to stop the radio from hanging.

PS. What percentage is you battery ?

OK2HAD

Post by OK2HAD » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:47 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:35 am
OK2HAD wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:29 am
I can continue testing.
Don't use the latest version I posted, because perhaps it hangs sometimes during boot.

I will need to modify the last version to stop the radio from hanging.

PS. What percentage is you battery ?
battery 83%

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:25 pm

OpenGD77_Suspend_Reset_I2S

I tested about 7 hours this versión, reset before start with SK2 and apply all the params, and works very well i test level 3 and level 4.

Prompt is beep and level of beep about 3 db, if beep are down of 0 db appears to start again the bug.

QSO's from different TG's sounds very well, changing from one to another TG, i put TS on and also i changed from TS 1 to TS2 and listen Qso's without interruption, from time to time i speak to parrot PC 9990 and also works.

Battery saver appears also to work well, I exit house with 47 % and return with 36 %

I think that this version (with the beep over 0 db) and the full reset version are the best for now...

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:01 pm

EA5SW wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:25 pm
OpenGD77_Suspend_Reset_I2S

I tested about 7 hours this versión, reset before start with SK2 and apply all the params, and works very well i test level 3 and level 4.

Prompt is beep and level of beep about 3 db, if beep are down of 0 db appears to start again the bug.

QSO's from different TG's sounds very well, changing from one to another TG, i put TS on and also i changed from TS 1 to TS2 and listen Qso's without interruption, from time to time i speak to parrot PC 9990 and also works.

Battery saver appears also to work well, I exit house with 47 % and return with 36 %

I think that this version (with the beep over 0 db) and the full reset version are the best for now...

OK.

I have an idea that perhaps the C6000 in your radio does not operate correctly with the new SPI transfer speed from the MK22 CPU.

I am busy today but I will make some test versions at the weekend

W1CY

Post by W1CY » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:29 pm

I am not sure whether this is related to the echo levels, but here is the best are in the forum that I thought it would fit. I am having some DMR "disconnects" from time to time. I am hearing someone and than I get silence, with the green light. I go to the Brandmeister Hoseline and I can hear the person did not stop talking. I need to turn the radio off and on again and I get the audio back.

I am running a GD-77 with the OCT 2 beta code, but this behavior happened before I loaded the latest beta.

I even tried to switch my hotspot (I got two duplex ones) and the result is the same. The DMR issue happened with the echo levels in all possible settings, even 0 which means no echo at all, hence I am not sure what could be causing the problem.

I am posting it here in case anyone has a hint for it. Thanks.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:50 pm

If the radio is already receiving and the signal drops out, it won't be the Eco level, as this is only used when there is no signal.

The radio won't enter power saving when there is a signal

Do you have another DMR radio which you can run ar rhe same time to compare whether your hotspot is actually transmiting valid DMR signals the entire time.