Callsign Database - Data Record Length

OpenGD77CPS
SA0BUX

Callsign Database - Data Record Length

Post by SA0BUX » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:29 pm

I'm wondering a bit on the record length setting, is it the total characters for all text fields in a row ?

Does this record include the DMR id ?

F1RMB

Re: Callsign Database - Data Record Length

Post by F1RMB » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:53 pm

It's the total maximum length displayed on the screen.
The ID is not part of it.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:00 am

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:53 pm
Another question regarding callsign database:

Is the ID used as index for each record and is a record preserved until you write it over with the same dmr id (index) ?

Or does every write operation overwrite the entire database ?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:09 am

SA0BUX wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:00 am
F1RMB wrote:

Is the ID used as index for each record and is a record preserved until you write it over with the same dmr id (index) ?

Because the DMR ID database must be ordered by ID number, in order for the ID lookup function to operate, then everytime the DMR ID database is uploaded to the radio, the entire database must be replaced.

i.e Its not practical for the firmware to sort the database because it only has a small amount of RAM and writes to the Flash memory is very slow.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:26 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:09 am
SA0BUX wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:00 am
F1RMB wrote:

Because the DMR ID database must be ordered by ID number, in order for the ID lookup function to operate, then everytime the DMR ID database is uploaded to the radio, the entire database must be replaced.

i.e Its not practical for the firmware to sort the database because it only has a small amount of RAM and writes to the Flash memory is very slow.
So I need to concatenate all lists in one big upload ?

For instance if I want both the radioid.net and a list with other private dmr id's.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:17 am

You will need to make a CSV with your private non-ham radio DMR ID's and import it into the CPS, before or after downloading the read IDs from Radio ID or from the github url which the CPS normally uses

LU2BAM

Post by LU2BAM » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:02 pm

Quizá a alguien le sirva. En mi caso puedo descargar en mi 9600 todo el registro de usuarios que ofrece RADIO ID. Para ello en OpenGD77 CPS selecciono EXTRAS, se despliega "descargar indicativo", ejecuto este item y en la pantalla donde se lee "zona" coloco en forma independiente y correlativa de 1 a 8. Previo a ello donde dice "número de caracteres" selecciono 42 y en "filtro de columnas" coloco tilde en 1 3 y 5. Luego y en forma correlativa descargo la zona 1, espero que termine de hacerse, luego paso a la zona 2 y en forma sucesiva llego a la 8. Una vez hecho esto descargo al 9600 los más de 230.000 usuarios registrados. Todos los meses me todo el trabajo de hacer esta operación y así tengo actualizado el 9600. Perdón por lo extenso.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:22 pm

Google translate said :-D

Maybe it will help someone. In my case I can download to my 9600 all the user registry offered by RADIO ID. To do this, in OpenGD77 CPS I select EXTRAS, "download indicative" is displayed, I execute this item and on the screen where it reads "zone" I place independently and correlatively from 1 to 8. Prior to that where it says "number of characters" I select 42 and in "column filter" I place tilde in 1, 3 and 5. Then, and correlatively, I download zone 1, I wait for it to finish, then I go to zone 2 and successively I arrive at zone 8. Once done This downloaded to 9600 the more than 230,000 registered users. Every month I do all the work to do this operation and so I have updated the 9600. Sorry for the length.

clavo

Post by clavo » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:28 am

I was adding parts of the US.... 310 ...311.. etc... Takes forever. The RadioID site wants money to generate a CSV... Or I can pick through the total world .CSV and remove everything but USA. In an effort to save people wasted time, has anyone found out if even all off USA will fit on a UV380? If you don't mind sharing your culled DMR CSV database let me know. RadioID = The new QRZ

-w

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:36 am

clavo wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:28 am
I was adding parts of the US.... 310 ...311.. etc... Takes forever. The RadioID site wants money to generate a CSV... Or I can pick through the total world .CSV and remove everything but USA. In an effort to save people wasted time, has anyone found out if even all off USA will fit on a UV380? If you don't mind sharing your culled DMR CSV database let me know. RadioID = The new QRZ

-w
You can use excel or similar opensource software to filter out all lines beginning with 31

With linux tools you can do something like

Code: Select all

egrep '^RADIO_ID|^31[0-9].*' user.csv > USA_user.csv
MD-UV380 can still store the complete user.csv