CONTROL-T on TYT CPS causes CPS to crash - win 11

OpenGD77CPS
KC1LKO

CONTROL-T on TYT CPS causes CPS to crash - win 11

Post by KC1LKO » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:52 pm

Hello,

Tried searching and did not find obvious answers.

I am trying to setup MDUV380 with OGD77 and one of the steps is to read the original calibration and this is done using the original CPS (1.2) and holding CTRL-T. It causes the CPS to crash (exit) in my case or yields an "out of memory" error.

I am able to successfully read the radio (ie. not pressing ctrl-t, but just clicking on the read radio button).

Is this perhaps a known issue to win11?
Prefer to get this cal data saved before I go ahead with the procedure.

Had the same issue on the TYTMD9600... in that case I just did not get the calibration data... I did put the OGD77 FW and seems to work fine

Miguel/kc1lko

G4EML

Re: CONTROL-T on TYT CPS causes CPS to crash - win 11

Post by G4EML » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:42 pm

I have not heard of that happening before.

Reading the Calibration data is not essential, so if you are unable to do it then that stage can be skipped.

We recommend saving the Calibration data just in case something goes wrong. However the OpenGD firmware never intentionally writes to the original calibration area, it makes its own copy of the data in a different location and uses that. Even if you use the new Calibration screen to adjust your radio it only changes the copy of the data. The original factory data is never changed.

Colin G4EML

KC1LKO

Post by KC1LKO » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:28 am

Thanks Colin for the explanation. Very useful.

I may look for a non-win11 or a different computer to try it, but based on the info you provided, not super worried about it.

Miguel

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:49 am

On my Toshiba Satellite Z30A laptop running Windows 10 I have always had serious problems with the Retevis/TYT CPS software.
CPS is crashing almost anytime you read or write to the radio, I think its something related to the USB 3.0 (blue) ports it have.
It was somewhat more stable after I installed later STM drivers from st.com and replaced the DLL files in the CPS folders with newer versions.

we had similar problems on a HP Tower with Windows 7 where I was helping a friend programming a RT84 but it had both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports and it worked fine when we used a USB 2.0 instead.