CPS Channel Import and Flags

OpenGD77CPS
KC7RBW

CPS Channel Import and Flags

Post by KC7RBW » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:50 pm

Greetings!

The channel csv import feature in the CPS has Flags columns but also represents some of those bits as separate columns such as Bandwidth and Rx Only. The Flags can also represent some other data that's not represented elsewhere in the csv, but I'm not sure those bits are used by the current firmware.

It looks like the specific columns don't take precedence over the flags on import, probably because the Flags get set after the other columns as the import function iterates through the columns. This means the specific columns will be ignored on import.

As an example, If you set a row with 25 in the Bandwidth column, but Flags4 is set to 0, you'll get a 12.5 KHz bandwidth anyway.
I worked out what the right Flags values are to work around the issue for now.

It would be better if the columns that are also represented in the Flags took precedence over the Flags themselves, or possibly if the Flags weren't in the CSV at all if none of the remaining flags are actually used by the radio.

Thanks!
Andrew / KC7RBW

VK3KYY

Re: CPS Channel Import and Flags

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:25 pm

Use the tool written by Colin G4EML, so convert coxeplugs to and from CSV

I will eventually remove the CSV functions from the CPS

KC7RBW

Post by KC7RBW » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:56 pm

Noted. Thanks for the reply!

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:08 am

The OpenGD77-CSV utility hides the flags and uses separate columns for each function.

http://www.gb3gf.co.uk/Files/OpenGD77-CSV.zip

This was written as a stand alone utility working directly on a codeplug but I will investigate if this can be included in the CPS.

Colin G4EML