DMR Contacts List Details Issue [Resolved - Select required fields for Details]

OpenGD77CPS
VK3KYY

Re: DMR Contacts List Details Issue

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:38 am

n4tii wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:32 am
OK - I now see and understand the behavior of this component.

Check all the boxes.... download. That populates the filter schema. If you don't like what you see, uncheck the field you don't want, clear, download again.

This is working properly based on that guidance using "Download From: RadioID.Net" as well.

Problem solved. Thank you!
Yes.

The filter is unknow until you download or import a file, as we don't control the data from the external sources.

Also, it probably won't be able to handle appending data from different sources with different schemas

n4tii

Re: DMR Contacts List Details Issue

Post by n4tii » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:40 am

I think the CPS is awesome!

For starters, I have yet to have it simply crash like the factory CPS - I have to make 6 or 7 attempts to write to radio on the vendor supplied CPS. Here - click "read" or "write" and the radio immediately wakes up and starts sending or receiving data. Same thing for firmware. Previously, I had to resort to 3rd party stuff like TYTOOLZ and stuff to get it to write to my radio.

I also love the concept of the "TG List" - I can put 32 TG's in a TG list - and assign the list to a repeater or hotspot. Done. That's 1 channel entry - as opposed to 32 channels.

Anyway - thanks again for clarifying the behavior of how "Download Callsign Database" works. Hopefully this thead will help other users who may run into this in the future.

73 de John, n4tii.