Python program to change DMR-ID and callsign of a codeplug

OpenGD77CPS
oh1fss

Python program to change DMR-ID and callsign of a codeplug

Post by oh1fss » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:45 pm

If several people use a common codeplug, it's handy to have a tool which can personalize the codeplug. This program assumes that several people use the same codeplug with the following differences:

- radio ID (DMR ID)
- radio name (callsign)
- first line of the greeting text (callsign) - use the 2nd line for codeplug version

For example, I could personalize a common codeplug base.g77 for myself with command:

./GD77changeid.py -i base.g77 -o OH1FSS.g77 -d 2441033 -c OH1FSS

This way I don't have to use Windows or Wine to execute OpenGD77CPS and change three fields there.

I have tested the program in Fedora 33 Linux using Python 3.9.
Attachments

[The extension tgz has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kt4lh

Re: Python program to change DMR-ID and callsign of a codeplug

Post by kt4lh » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:23 pm

Nice, I'd so love to see a gui to be able to program in Linux. :( If you're really nuts you could make changes using gd77xfer's yml I suppose but beyond simple modifications it'd be pretty tough. And, unless I've missed something, no user db.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:21 am

kt4lh wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:23 pm
Nice, I'd so love to see a gui to be able to program in Linux. :( If you're really nuts you could make changes using gd77xfer's yml I suppose but beyond simple modifications it'd be pretty tough. And, unless I've missed something, no user db.
Thats a really big ask.. and probably unlikely to happen, because no one has hundreds of hours of spare time to spend writing it, especially as there are alternatives for linux users

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:57 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:21 am
kt4lh wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:23 pm
Thats a really big ask.. and probably unlikely to happen, because no one has hundreds of hours of spare time to spend writing it, especially as there are alternatives for linux users
I agree, it's not trivial. It would be nice if there was some agreed upon format for DMR radios that programs could use a central GUI and backends, such as gd77xfer, to create the binary to send to the radio. Like editcp for the MD380 was an excellent GUI for that radio.

But no, nothing is magic or free.