add Lat Long and set Date/time automatically

OpenGD77CPS
IK8JHL

add Lat Long and set Date/time automatically

Post by IK8JHL » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:26 am

I was wondering if it was possible to add Latitude and Longitude in the CPS, so that they can be written automatically when we write the Keplerian data, and also automatically set the date and time taking it from the PC

VK3KYY

Re: add Lat Long and set Date/time automatically

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:01 am

IK8JHL wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:26 am
I was wondering if it was possible to add Latitude and Longitude in the CPS, so that they can be written automatically when we write the Keplerian data, and also automatically set the date and time taking it from the PC
Date and time is already taken from the PC.

The PC (Windows) does not know its location, so it can't automatically be sent to the radio.

IK8JHL

Post by IK8JHL » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 am

Yes for the date/time you're right ... strangely it didn't work for me and I didn't remember that it was already like that. For coordinate I intended to insert a field in the CPS where we can write our Lat and Long so as not to have to re-enter it manually after a Reset

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:10 am

IK8JHL wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 am
Yes for the date/time you're right ... strangely it didn't work for me and I didn't remember that it was already like that. For coordinate I intended to insert a field in the CPS where we can write our Lat and Long so as not to have to re-enter it manually after a Reset
Its not practical to write settings values which are stored in non-volatile memory, because the location of the settings in memory could change in different versions of the firmware.

The settings in the radio do not normally get reset very often. I think the last time the settings needed to be reset because of changes to the firmware was more than 3 months ago.

It only takes me 15 seconds to enter my location into the radio, so I really don't think its a big problem, worthy of changes to the firmware and the CPS etc

IK8JHL

Post by IK8JHL » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:28 am

Actually when I updated the FW the radio reset itself, and I noticed this thing ... so I thought it would be nice to be able to update Lat and Long as well when sending the Keplerian data. Of course, it's not a big deal to re-enter Lat and Long. Thanks for the reply ;)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:05 pm

IK8JHL wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:28 am
Actually when I updated the FW the radio reset itself, and I noticed this thing ... so I thought it would be nice to be able to update Lat and Long as well when sending the Keplerian data. Of course, it's not a big deal to re-enter Lat and Long. Thanks for the reply ;)
Normally firmware updates should not reset the settings