Last Heard name corrupted from DMARC Repeater

F1RMB

Re: Last Heard name corrupted from DMARC Repeater

Post by F1RMB » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:12 pm

kt4lh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:56 pm
F1RMB wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:39 am
I'm lost here. Is it a local repeater you're listening from the air ?.
I mean, if you're listening that repeater from the network (Internet), using an OpenGD77 featured HT, it will fill the gap of the missing TA (after few frames), as it get callsign from MMDVMHost and embed them to hand made TA frames.
This is only happening on DMARC/IPSC2 networks.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
This is directly off a repeater, I don't know much about it except that it's DMARC and cBridge. But no, I don't have ANY contacts at all in my GD77, just talkgroups. So I'm surprised that anything is showing up at all, maybe it was cached from being on the hotspot earlier? I have since turned the radio off and back on and I'm still seeing callsigns and 'corrupted' names.

At least I don't think I have any digital contacts stored anywhere, it's possible? I had it downloaded before moving to OpenGD77 but haven't done it since. I don't see any hams in the Digital Contacts in the radio nor in the OpenGD77 CPS, is there another place to look? Maybe this is some data that' still stored in the radio?

EDIT: I found where is in the CPS, Extras->DMR ID, but there's nothing there. Empty dialog. Even after downloading from the radio again.
Ah, maybe it's a relic from the old IDs you flashed.
With OpenGD77, you could set the max length for each entry, maybe that's it.

It's normal that you don't see anything from the DMR-IDs window, as the CPS doesn't read back the GD memory about DMR-IDs.
I would suggest you to reflash some (or an empty list) IDs, just to have the IDs set to the correct max length.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 pm

Yep, user error. I updated my CSV file with the latest contacts and downloaded and everything looks fine now. I'm going to guess that the original contacts in the DB are shorter than OpenGD77 supports, so it was showing a little garbage because the record was shorter than expected. So maybe stil a bug, but primary thing to take away is to update the contact db after updating. Of course, longer records and more records makes it well worth it.

I've been using the hostspot so much I'd just kind of forgotten I guess :)

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:44 pm

kt4lh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 pm
Yep, user error. I updated my CSV file with the latest contacts and downloaded and everything looks fine now. I'm going to guess that the original contacts in the DB are shorter than OpenGD77 supports, so it was showing a little garbage because the record was shorter than expected. So maybe stil a bug, but primary thing to take away is to update the contact db after updating. Of course, longer records and more records makes it well worth it.

I've been using the hostspot so much I'd just kind of forgotten I guess :)
Nice if it works for you now.

Cheers.
---
Daniel