Voice Prompt overwrite missing from latest CPS?

ZL2MGS

Voice Prompt overwrite missing from latest CPS?

Post by ZL2MGS » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:23 pm

Hi and many thanks to the team for the latest updated firmware and CPS.

Now that the issue of needing voice files installed in the radio to be able to select "No Keys" beep option has been fixed, I want to remove the voice files by overwriting them with DMR ID data. I know I've seen this option in previous CPS versions, but I can't find it in the latest version - is it not there or am I missing something obvious?

MD-UV390 with latest firmware installed
Latest version of CPS with APRS settings

Mike ZL2MGS.

SA0BUX

Re: Voice Prompt overwrite missing from latest CPS?

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:18 am

If you switch radio type to GD77... you will see the option "Use Voice Prompt memory" I have enabled that and used "Custom 16 Mb" to remove voice prompts.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:28 am

Hi,

I don't see the point of removing VP on a MD-UV3*0, as that space won't be used to anything as the flash chip is large enough to store the whole DMR ID database, up to 50 characters.

And you won't be able to do that using the GD77 type radio, as the CPS is probing for radio model before doing anything.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

ZL2MGS

Post by ZL2MGS » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:58 am

Thanks - the work around of setting the radio type to GD77 and then setting Custom 16M worked a treat - voice prompts are now gone and the maximum number of DMR IDs that can be loaded has increased from about 390K to just over 401K.

Daniel - I fully appreciate your point about it not making any difference to a UV3*0 at this time, but I like to keep things tidy and that includes not having stuff I don't use in memory if I don't have to. :)

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:09 am

Having VP installed or not doesn't change anything, as long as VP is not enabled in the sound settings.
That doesn't increase your codeplug, processing, etc.

For the ones who are trying to cheat the radio model, this is a bloody bad idea. Don't get back complaining that your radio doesn't work as expected afterward...

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:08 am

I installed VP once just to test it but everytime there was an upgrade that reset the options I had to turn VP off again so therefore I wanted to remove
VP totally to get rid of that annoying voice.

I guess I can restore original flash instead and that will also overwrite everything including VP if no CPS function will be made for it ?

https://opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2570#p21236