RT3S hang after uploading codeplug

VK3KYY

Re: RT3S hang after uploading codeplug

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:49 pm

Zip the codeplug and post it here

BTW

You have not followed site rules by introducing yourself and telling us your callsign

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:05 pm

iromanyshyn wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:04 pm
Hmm, it looks like I made something like good QA. Maybe, I had removed the last digital channel and this caused the problem.
Unless you zip and post your codeplug, I have no way of knowing what the problem is, or making a fix in the firmware

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:14 pm

iromanyshyn wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:49 pm
VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:05 pm
iromanyshyn wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:04 pm
Hmm, it looks like I made something like good QA. Maybe, I had removed the last digital channel and this caused the problem.
Unless you zip and post your codeplug, I have no way of knowing what the problem is, or making a fix in the firmware
Sure. I will try my best to break something again. Thank you for your work!
Is the firmware working now.

Please explain.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:45 am

iromanyshyn wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:58 pm
I have reinstalled it after reverting to the original FW. Now I have another bug. I have installed the fresh english_usa_joanna-1.5.vpr and my radio isn't equipped with GPS. Then it hangs for a minute if I go to the menu and select Satellite. It stops responding for a minute, then says Satellites and shows an empty list. Without these prompts, it was showing the empty list immediately.
Satellite screen is for Amateur radio communication satellites (see https://amsat.org ), but you need to manually enter your location (does not need to be super accurate , +/- 5km is OK), and also the exact time

You need to use the CPS to install the Amateur satellites orbital data, aka 'Keps'

The CPS will download the keps data and then write this to the radio and also set the exact time in the radio (assuming your PC has the correct time)

Then Satellite screen should work OK.

GPS screen, will show "GPS not fitted" is your radio does not have a GPS. (GPS in this radio is not good quality even if it is fitted ;-) )

At the moment there is no support for Ukranian text or Voice Prompts.

I can't remember if there is some problem with Ukranian text characters, which prevent Ukranian language text being added to the firmware.
The font is limited to 256 characters (8 bit), and possibly there is not space for Ukranian characters

I don't know if it would be possible to make Ukranian voice prompts for the radio.

I use a free website

https://ttsmp3.com/

to generate the voice prompt audio, from text files.

But I just checked and this site does not have any Ukranian voices.

Possibly Ukranian words can be generated using other language voices e.g. Polish or Romania etc, but I am not an expert.