Flaws with new versions (scan/recognising burst)

S58SMS

Re: Flaws with new versions (scan/recognising burst)

Post by S58SMS » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:58 am

HELLO.

Yes, i believe this is the most logic answer. I have to say that on older fw, i didnt notice any problems with recieving a signal (data, voice), not a single time, so im a little bit surprised so many people faced this problem, that you had to change the whole scanning system, including ts and cc scan, because i really put the station through tough tier 3 systems, also those with intentional bad crc, and everything worked so far. Also with older fw, there is no problem with turned on ts and cc scan, i doesnt effect the scan feature.

I hope in the future, you manage to make better scan as it was in the past, because this makes fw far ahead from the others.

Another question, is there any possibility to port older fw to rt90 or md9600?

YT5HOK

Post by YT5HOK » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:50 am

S58SMS wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:31 am
Hello, no need to be rude, we are just explaining experiences, what is wrong with that? - I tried CC scan to be turned off - It makes no difference in scan speed + scan interruption still persist sometimes, as in the video. Wierd sound is gone now. If somebody has the latest FW on GD77 or BF 1801, he can compare the speed also with my video, but I had gd77 few months ago and made comparisation with bf1801 (also different fw) and the scan was also slower.

Also I have found out, that when i recieve a voice call (scan or without scan), it cuts off start of the voice call for a 2-3 seconds sometimes.
Dude! You are telling to developer that there is no need to be rude?! After all the rude posts you wrote?!

From your posts, I see your knowledge about DMR in general and behavior of different types of repeaters and handhelds is limited.

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:19 am

YT5HOK wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:50 am
S58SMS wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:31 am
Hello, no need to be rude, we are just explaining experiences, what is wrong with that? - I tried CC scan to be turned off - It makes no difference in scan speed + scan interruption still persist sometimes, as in the video. Wierd sound is gone now. If somebody has the latest FW on GD77 or BF 1801, he can compare the speed also with my video, but I had gd77 few months ago and made comparisation with bf1801 (also different fw) and the scan was also slower.

Also I have found out, that when i recieve a voice call (scan or without scan), it cuts off start of the voice call for a 2-3 seconds sometimes.
Dude! You are telling to developer that there is no need to be rude?! After all the rude posts you wrote?!

From your posts, I see your knowledge about DMR in general and behavior of different types of repeaters and handhelds is limited.
Why are you even posting in this bug area if you find it rude? Stop following this thread i suggest as it was meant for disscusion of scan. We are talking about fw issues/findings after using it and I think I have all the rights to post my experiences and i don't know what bothers you. I've thank many times to developers also in the video, so i don't know what would you want from me. Is it federal offence, if I post that FW has some changes? You are the one telling me i don't have knowledge and taking it personal, beeing rude, not me - so stop stop trashing in this thread as it was not ment for.

YT5HOK

Post by YT5HOK » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:31 am

S58SMS wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:19 am
Why are you even posting in this bug area if you find it rude? Stop following this thread i suggest as it was meant for disscusion of scan. We are talking about fw issues/findings after using it and I think I have all the rights to post my experiences and i don't know what bothers you. I've thank many times to developers also in the video, so i don't know what would you want from me. Is it federal offence, if I post that FW has some changes? You are the one telling me i don't have knowledge and taking it personal, beeing rude, not me - so stop stop trashing in this thread as it was not ment for.
:lol:

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:08 pm

hello,

just to wake up this discussion, i'm thinking that maybe rt90 hw1 is making this problems, as the latests update on rt3s works as the one mentioned from the last year. I will try to get some rt90 hw4 and report. Maybe the problem is really in the hardware!

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:41 pm

The Rt3s firmware has several improvements over the other radios. Once we have decided it is stable we will feed those changes back to the other radios.

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:32 am

Ok, thank you very much for the response.