several bug in latest opengd77

F1RMB

Re: several bug in latest opengd77

Post by F1RMB » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:18 pm

Hi,
vanguard wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:13 pm
Hi dear folks,

I discovered some (little) bugs in latest opengd77.

1. When you got wrong timeslot, you can change it in "channel settings", i.e. from TS2 to TS1. With pressing blue-key + green-key, this should be confirmed in the codeplug, which is done. But: It does not change in the channel, it is still shown as the former (in my example TS2) in the display.
However, if you recheck the settings in "channel settings", you will see, that there is correctly set "TS1", but TS2 is shown in display.
The displayed TS is the one you will transmit on, BUT if you change the channels setting and a TS override is set, the displayed TS won't change, as override takes priority.
Turn the Options -> Display options -> Info to TS or Both, it will display the TS using bold font when a manual override is set.

vanguard wrote:
2. In spectrum analyzer menu (long pressing "#"-key), the given steps are not correct, for example, when the display sjows +/-25khz, then not 25khz is the step, but 2.5khz. Just a 1/10 of the shown step. But the 1/10 is not default, and if the frequency is i.e. *.3625 at the end, then there is a 1.25khz step. It would be nice, if there could be steps like 6,25khz, 12,5khz, 25khz, 50khz, 100khz and 1MHz - if this could be programmed.
Sweep scan steps are relative to displayed BW, not channel settings: 1.25kHz, 2.50kHz, 5.00kHz, 10.00kHz, 25.00kHz, 50.00kHz, 100.00kHz

vanguard wrote:
Last I have a question: If I want to add or improve some things in the user manual, whom can I talk to?
User manual is on github, you can submit PR there.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:45 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:18 pm
The displayed TS is the one you will transmit on, BUT if you change the channels setting and a TS override is set, the displayed TS won't change, as override takes priority.
Turn the Options -> Display options -> Info to TS or Both, it will display the TS using bold font when a manual override is set.
And to expand slightly on Daniels reply; long-press * will reset the over-ride to the channel default, but yes once it's over-ridden it stays on the TS you've set, even if you change channels that have different timeslots set.

I've also found this slightly confusing in the past, but I do think it's the best way to accomplish this type of feature.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:23 pm

Hmmm,

Maybe you just missed a little detail, permanent change vs temporary, while editing the channel.
I just tried here, and it works as expected.

BTW, do not use QDMR with recent firmware, some OpenGD77 specific features aren't supported (last time I checked, ~1 month ago, that was still the case).

It seems you didn't mentionned the FW version date you're using.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:13 pm

I asked you about the FIRMWARE version, not the CPS.
Also, I told you not using QDMR.
Now you're telling us there is a bug in the CPS, despite the subject of this thread.

So, first, tell us which FW version you are running.

Thanks.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:21 pm

Hi,
Send me your codeplug (email on qrz.com)

Cheers
---
Daniel

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:23 pm

I have been trying to reproduce the problem you are seeing on my radio. I may have found a possible cause.

If you use the CPS to look at your TG 8 entry in Digital Contacts do you have the "OpenGD77 - Channel TS Override" set to TS1 or TS2?
If you do then this will always override any other setting.
If you want to be able to change the TS for TG8 then "OpenGD77 - Channel TS Override" needs to be set to "Disabled"

You can also view and change the Override setting on the radio in the Contacts menu under Edit Contact.

This TS override is an OpenGD77 feature so that may explain why QDMR was not handling it the same.

Colin G4EML

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:33 am

Hi Hans,

I just opened your codeplug, and as Colin wrote, you defined a TS override for that TG-8 Regional contact.
Since the contact TS override has higher priority than the Channel one, editing the channel won't have any impact here.

As I told you at the beginning of this thread, by enabling "Options -> Display Options -> TS Info or both" you would have noticed the displayed timeslot on the screen written as "cS2", which means Contact's Timeslot.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:51 am

When the TS is not what you expect it it usually because you have previously used the star key to change TS. This override will remain active and take priority over anything else.

A long press on the star key will clear the override.

Colin.

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:12 pm

Upload your codeplug and I will have a look.

Colin

W9YA

Post by W9YA » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:20 pm

Hey Hans and the gang;

Actually MANY of us DO use openGD77's CPS in linux. IF you search the forum for my callsign+linux you will see what tools I have been using over the past years for reading and writing BOTH the firmware and the codeplugs to the radio. (The firmware loader is supplied by the project here, and links to other tools can also be gotten herein as well.)

es vy 73 om de "baab" w9ya

P.S... NONE of this was my handy work, as it ALL was available herein when I started using openGD77, almost 2 years ago !!
P.P.S... The tool(s) that are used to read/write codeplugs will ALSO backup the flash (et al) !!!!
vanguard wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:40 am
Hi Daniel, Hi Colin,

thank you for answering to my problem. I checked the settings, and by default the "Options -> Display Options -> TS Info or both" is set to "none" , but maybe QDMR might have changed this.

I also learned (Daniel, thank you for the private mail), that my codeplug is not well structured. I suppose, the reason for this is, because this codeplug is ways old, I first made it, when I got my first GD-77 years ago, at a time, when opengd77 did not exist.

Then I changed to opengd77 by just taking over the codeplug and during the time added some TGs and Frequencies. Doing so, my codeplug is of course structured in old style. Knowing this now, it prevents me from filing another "bug".

As the manual says, changing TGs is pressing left or right key, and changing Repeater is pressing up and down. With my codeplug it is in another way:
changing TGs is up and down, changing Repeater is SK2 + up/down. Because in my codeplug every repeater got its own zone. Both is working, but I admit, doing as Daniel described in his mail, the codeplug would be much smaller.

Sadly some of my friends need to use only QDMR as CPS (yes, there are people in the world, that don't use windows) :) , but I have the hope, OpenGD77CPS will be available in linux some day. This would be a great progress.

Ok, I think, we could close this bugreport for now. It was important for me, to point to some things, that looked like a bug to me. IMO any weired stuff should be reported, because no one is able to see any possible errors completely.

And please excuse, when my words might be sometimes too sharp - sometimes I do not find the correct English impression, sometimes I am writing with upset in my mind (I try to improve myself).

Again, thank you very much for all the help!

Best regards and stay safe!

Hans