Incorrect transmitter parameters after install of OpenRD5R

WA5JDM

Re: Incorrect transmitter parameters after install of OpenRD5R

Post by WA5JDM » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:50 am

NSS! You are correct and I know it very well. But you can use the Baofeng CPS with Baofeng firmware.
John

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:52 am

WA5JDM wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:50 am
NSS! You are correct and I know it very well. But you can use the Baofeng CPS with Baofeng firmware.
John
No you can't

Because of licensing problems the OpenRD5R.bin file can't contain the AMBE codec.

The OpenGD77CPS merges the OpenRD5R.bin file with the 'donor' firmware for the AMBE codec, and makes a complete functional firmware

So if you attempt to load the OpenRD5R.bin using any other method, I'm surprised it even runs.

Why did you decide to ignore the installation instructions ?

https://www.opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1770

WA5JDM

Post by WA5JDM » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:17 am

Stop, take a deep breath and think about what you are babbling on about. It has nothing to do with a baofeng radio runing baofeng firmware and using baofeng "Program Software" to create code plugs for the Baofeng radio. Stop already!

Respectfully,
John

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:26 am

WA5JDM wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:17 am
Stop, take a deep breath and think about what you are babbling on about. It has nothing to do with a baofeng radio runing baofeng firmware and using baofeng "Program Software" to create code plugs for the Baofeng radio. Stop already!

Respectfully,
John
You can't use any of the Baofeng software

You must use the OpenGD77CPS for everything

WA5JDM

Post by WA5JDM » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:33 am

Roger,

"You must use the OpenGD77CPS for everything" ...when....you are working with a radio programmed with OpenGD77 firmware. When you are working with a radio programmed with Baofeng firmware, you must use Baofeng "ProgramSoftware" for everything. Can you give me an AMEN? (that's a church joke)

This banter really is counter productive, a polite way of saying it's a waste time.

John

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:46 am

Hi John,

which CPS version are you using ?
Your radio is DMR ready, the codec is reported to there. BTW, the old RD-5R aren't working in DMR, as they are TIER I only.
Maybe that's why you're experiencing the DMR problem.

On a simplex frequency, what is happening when you press the PTT ?

Cheers.
---
Daniel

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:09 pm

WA5JDM wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:33 am

This banter really is counter productive, a polite way of saying it's a waste time.
Dishing out information bits at a time then getting upset when everyone doesn't fill in the rest of the gaps is also not productive. You need to be more verbose when it comes to what you're doing. You've been all over the place in this thread.

WA5JDM

Post by WA5JDM » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Danial,

I have answered my own question regarding the initial post. The calibration data is not corrupt, it is just different than what was declared sacrosanct in the paper referenced. I found the flash manager /downloads and found the native copy of the calibration data in both of my radios. AO FO 50 14 in the radio I have been trying to upgrade and A0 F0 C0 12 in the un-altered radio. So, the question should better be, is this significant, indicating different codecs. I will tell you that the flash memory after reloading the Baofeng firmware appears to be exactly the same in both radios except for the cal data located at 7C00.

To answer you last questions, The CPS version is the one from the downloads/CPS directory.

The simplex i.e. FM works. I can communicate with another HT.

I will try another radio when I have time, not now. Fall planting is happening now and I just cannot spend more time on this project.

As for the clowns who think I have been all over the place on this thread, I have only been trying to answer questions. The "all over the place" was prompted by questions that did not address my original question which was probably misguided from the start. For that, I accept total responsibility. As for the rest of this mess, I say nay. Early on, I asked that this bug report be deleted and was denied so I kept answering questions. I will now stop.

Sorry for my part in wasting everyone's time.

Thank you Daniel,

John
John