TG Lists

n4fga

TG Lists

Post by n4fga » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:36 pm

I am seeing that my GD-77 is not showing the TG List name on the display. It is displaying the first member channel in the member list. Firmware on radio is dated May 29, 2021. Not sure if there is a setting I need to change or if this is a bug.

G4EML

Re: TG Lists

Post by G4EML » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:35 pm

That’s correct operation. OpenGD77 uses Talkgroup list differently to other DMR radios. The list defines all of the talkgroups you may need to use on a channel. You select the Talkgroup you wish to use with the left and right buttons.

This is one of the major amateur radio friendly features of the firmware. You only need one channel per repeater with a list of talkgroups that can be used on that repeater. No need for multiple channels. It makes building a codeplug much simpler and smaller.

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:12 pm

G4EML wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:35 pm
That’s correct operation. OpenGD77 uses Talkgroup list differently to other DMR radios. The list defines all of the talkgroups you may need to use on a channel. You select the Talkgroup you wish to use with the left and right buttons.

This is one of the major amateur radio friendly features of the firmware. You only need one channel per repeater with a list of talkgroups that can be used on that repeater. No need for multiple channels. It makes building a codeplug much simpler and smaller.
i agree, its so easy

n4fga

Post by n4fga » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:03 am

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned that I am using a hotspot since there are no repeaters nearby. But, I did use your info to scale back on channels and make the Zones and TG List more efficient. I made a few channels of my hotspot to associate with the multiple TGs. Thanks!