Cannot rename a new channel created from VFO

footloosejava

Cannot rename a new channel created from VFO

Post by footloosejava » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:08 am

The channel is created in VFO and then made into a new channel in a zone. When I edit the name, the name won't stick after I navigate to another channel. So it seems to be an error saving the changes. Also related, I could only create a new DMR channel. The option to make a new channel did not appear without the VFO in DMR mode.

F1RMB

Re: Cannot rename a new channel created from VFO

Post by F1RMB » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:55 am

footloosejava wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:08 am
The channel is created in VFO and then made into a new channel in a zone. When I edit the name, the name won't stick after I navigate to another channel. So it seems to be an error saving the changes. Also related, I could only create a new DMR channel. The option to make a new channel did not appear without the VFO in DMR mode.
Like all other editions, you need to press SK2 + GREEN for permanent storage.

---
Daniel

footloosejava

Post by footloosejava » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:29 am

AH. OK. THANKS!

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:04 pm

footloosejava wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:29 am
AH. OK. THANKS!
FYI

We have to use SK2 + Green, otherwise if the operator changes the squelch or power on a channel, while operating the radio, then goes into the Channel Details screen and inadvertently presses Green to exit that screen, they would end up setting a squelch or power level override for that channel, if it was saved to the coxelug simply by pressing the Green button.

This leads to a load of confusion.

Hence using SK2 + Green forces the operator to need to make a conscious decision to update the codeplug.

BTW. The VFOs are handled differently to channels.