New Member Here

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
KD9JQR

New Member Here

Post by KD9JQR » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:44 am

Looks like a lot of good information here. After seeing some info on DMR radios I decided to jump in the cheap way and learn what I can on a DM-1701. I have built a pistar hot spot and put in enough of a code plug in the radio to make contacts. I also have manage to make contacts via a local DMR repeater. I can program the radio from from my win10 machine using the standard radioddity cps software with no problem. When I plug the radio into the computer it is recognized as "AnyRoad Technology Digital Radio in USB mode". I have installed the Open GD77 CPS and was able to flash the firmware to the open dm-1701. However, the GD77 does not allow any changes because it does not see the radio on a com port. That is where I am I hope I can find a solution here. For now I have flashed the firmware back to the standard load. Thanks. Jim KD9JQR

VK3KYY

Re: New Member Here

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:01 am

KD9JQR wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:44 am
Looks like a lot of good information here. After seeing some info on DMR radios I decided to jump in the cheap way and learn what I can on a DM-1701. I have built a pistar hot spot and put in enough of a code plug in the radio to make contacts. I also have manage to make contacts via a local DMR repeater. I can program the radio from from my win10 machine using the standard radioddity cps software with no problem. When I plug the radio into the computer it is recognized as "AnyRoad Technology Digital Radio in USB mode". I have installed the Open GD77 CPS and was able to flash the firmware to the open dm-1701. However, the GD77 does not allow any changes because it does not see the radio on a com port. That is where I am I hope I can find a solution here. For now I have flashed the firmware back to the standard load. Thanks. Jim KD9JQR
You need to use the OpenGD77 CPS. I'm not sure how you managed to do anything using the official Radioddity CPS etc