M0KDR Has landed in OpenGD77 Land...

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
m0kdr

M0KDR Has landed in OpenGD77 Land...

Post by m0kdr » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:48 pm

Hi All

I've been a ham for a number of years, but now gonna play with DMR in earnest. Just bought a DM1701 and have it running GD77 no worries, the codeplug is another matter though.

I have tried several ready made plugs from here, but m having a few operational difficulties shall we say. I have tried so many times to add channels and have the new channel populate at the end of the list, but it always seems to insert the new channel within the list, even if I click to the end of the available channels....

Still trying to get my head round the talk groups and the relationship to channels and how to tie it all together with my hotspot.

Is there a really simple codeplug showing a hotspot zone, repeater zone and maybe an analogue simplex zone, and how the channels are set up?

Probably very simple, but I'm finding the downloaded codeplugs just too large to be able to see the structure due to the amount of TG's and contacts etc.

Would really appreciate some help to get up and running, will be fine once I see how it's done...

Many thanks

Darrin