Where do I find my contact list? (GD77)

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
EA1ARW

Where do I find my contact list? (GD77)

Post by EA1ARW » Wed May 31, 2023 4:50 pm

Hi there!

This is Luis, EA1ARW. I have been a user of a GD77 for a while, which I have just updated to the latest firmware version.

It turns out that I do not know where I can find my contact list. Contacts are already loaded, they come on screen when
someone talks through a repeater and I can place private calls by entering a station's ID number. However, if I were to choose
a station from a list, I can not find it.
I have tried the following: Menu - contacts - DMR contacts and the only thing I will see are the Group Calls contacts.

Any idea on how to proceed to find this contact list?
Thanks in advance for your help.

73 from Spain,
Luis - EA1ARW

G4EML

Re: Where do I find my contact list? (GD77)

Post by G4EML » Wed May 31, 2023 8:28 pm

There are two places that IDs can be stored. The Contacts list and the DMR Database.
It sounds like you have loaded the DMR database using the CPS menu Extras/Download Callsign Database.
This database is only used to identify incoming calls. It cannot be used the send private calls.

If you want to select private calls from a list you will need to add them to the Contacts list in the same way you would add a new talkgroup.
Using the CPS menu Setting/Contacts/Digital Contacts.
This list is limited in size, so it should only contain IDs that you wish to call regularly.

EA1ARW

Re: Where do I find my contact list? (GD77)

Post by EA1ARW » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:06 am

Hello G4EML!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Like you said, I loaded the DMR Database using the CPS menu Extras...
I followed your hints to add a few individual calls to my Contact list and works like a charm.

Luis - EA1ARW