Noob from Michigan

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
KE8WIY

Noob from Michigan

Post by KE8WIY » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:41 am

Hello it's Capt. Don from Michigan! I have been having a blast making contacts through the ISS til the repeater went down. I bought a Retevis RT3S (gps) and i would like the software that tracks the Satellites and changes Freg. for doppler effect. I looked through the Forums and its kind of confusing on what i need to dowload....Thanks in advance!

KE8WIY

Re: Noob from Michigan

Post by KE8WIY » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:27 am

so I followed the instructions and when I get to this point:

"A file selection window will pop-up. Go to the location where you saved the GD-77_V4.3.6.sgl file, select it, click the "Open" button."

even though I moved the file to " ThisPC/Documents " it does not show up! the software doesn't look exactly like the Installation instructions either but I'm assuming they updated the software and didn't update the Installation instructions cause they are pretty close to the same....

What am I doing wrong?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:41 am

Did you unzip the official firmware bundle

i.e does the file name end with .sgl

You could also try copying the address of the folder containing the file and pasting that into the path at the top of the file selector window

Or try putting the file somewhere else, like a sub folder of your document folder

Windows also has a habit of making multiple My Document folders or multiple Downloads folder. I have this strange situation on my PC where I appear to have 2 separate Downloads folders

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:21 am

KE8WIY wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:41 am
Hello it's Capt. Don from Michigan! I have been having a blast making contacts through the ISS til the repeater went down. I bought a Retevis RT3S (gps) and i would like the software that tracks the Satellites and changes Freg. for doppler effect. I looked through the Forums and its kind of confusing on what i need to dowload....Thanks in advance!
If you have a RT3S please read viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2380 for installation information.

The official documentation: https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... r_Guide.md

KE8WIY

Post by KE8WIY » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:15 pm

THANKS