Old beginner try to install firmware and CPS for hotspot

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
sa5gno

Old beginner try to install firmware and CPS for hotspot

Post by sa5gno » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:10 am

Hello. I am a 65 yeears old guy beeing Ham for fiur years. I have a GD77 hotspot that have stopped working. I have checked the Pi star and it seems ok. I hve seen that my GD77 does not have the samr content in menu, for exameple options is not there som hot spot menus can not be handled. I will now try to install the firmware again. The hotspot was bougt complete but the guy who did it is not longer alive.
I have seen a lot of Youtube videos about this and are now looking for CPS and firmware.
73 de SA5GNO

VK3KYY

Re: Old beginner try to install firmware and CPS for hotspot

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:38 am

sa5gno wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:10 am
Hello. I am a 65 yeears old guy beeing Ham for fiur years. I have a GD77 hotspot that have stopped working. I have checked the Pi star and it seems ok. I hve seen that my GD77 does not have the samr content in menu, for exameple options is not there som hot spot menus can not be handled. I will now try to install the firmware again. The hotspot was bougt complete but the guy who did it is not longer alive.
I have seen a lot of Youtube videos about this and are now looking for CPS and firmware.
73 de SA5GNO
Update the firmware in the radio first, because its impossible to attempt to support anyone using unknown old versions of the firmware
Then make sure hotspot mode is enabled in the firmware, to match your host software, e.g. MMDVM

See the User Guide
Google for OpenGD77 User Guide