Edit channels

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
F1RMB

Re: Edit channels

Post by F1RMB » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:59 am

Hi, << note this
coolmona wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:34 am
What would be the easiest way, say, to copy all 69 LPD channels and to make them digital?
When it's about PMR channels that are only 16 (8 in Russia), it's OK to do it manually, but not with 69).
If I export to .csv, then import to Excel, then export to .csv, the formats differ: the frequencies are no longer in quotation marks ("), the delimiter becomes (;) instead of the original comma (,).
Amazing how the most simple tasks are difficult in 21st century)))!
This is up to your Excel's export, check its manual or ask Microsoft.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:02 am

As you have found CSV files are simple but that still have variations.

Your delimiter problem is most likely due to your Windows regional settings. If your country uses comma for decimal numbers then the list separator will be changed to semicolon.

I no longer use Excel, but I seem to remember it didn’t have a way to change the CSV delimiter for export. The only way to change it was to change the Windows regional setting from control panel.

You may have to temporarily change your setting when you work on the CSV file.

Alternatively you could open the CSV file in notepad and do a search and replace, changing semicolon to comma. (That would only work if your numbers don’t also use commas)

Colin.

ok1pt

Post by ok1pt » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:44 pm

G4EML wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:02 am
As you have found CSV files are simple but that still have variations.

Your delimiter problem is most likely due to your Windows regional settings. If your country uses comma for decimal numbers then the list separator will be changed to semicolon.

I no longer use Excel, but I seem to remember it didn’t have a way to change the CSV delimiter for export. The only way to change it was to change the Windows regional setting from control panel.

You may have to temporarily change your setting when you work on the CSV file.

Alternatively you could open the CSV file in notepad and do a search and replace, changing semicolon to comma. (That would only work if your numbers don’t also use commas)

Colin.
You can try Libre Office (I hope it's available for *dows, I'm using Linux). It allows to set up a lot of options for CSV output/input.