New to the solution but like what I see

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
kp4djt

New to the solution but like what I see

Post by kp4djt » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:19 am

Folks, I have been planning on getting a GD77, well thanks to W5ACR I now have to of them, they have OpenGD77 already loaded. The ability to dial up a channel and all of the parameters in a logical (for us amateurs) way is exactly what I have wanted. Now I am busy thinning my code plugs down to just enough to have a channel set on two TS, then anything else for that repeater I will enter it rather than have a long list of channels.

I have been active on DMR now for about 3.5 years, Enjoyed every bit of it, and looking forward to seeing what can be done to make it more fun.

The only thing that I see that I really try to avoid is the use of Windows, I see some possible Linux solutions. I hope that some day someone can produce a OS agnostic CPS ala CHIRP so that those of us who do not use Windows do not have to contend with that gawdawful OS. I carry Linux slabs and ChromeOS slabs around with me to work. Right now I have a windows VM on my linux machine for this sort of thing but sure would like to get rid of it, be nice to be able to fiddle the bits on these radios from a cheap ChromeOS or RPi box without having to deal with Windows.

Keep up the good work
Best Regards
Chuck KP4DJT

kp4djt

Re: New to the solution but like what I see

Post by kp4djt » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:41 am

I see a small red star on the symbol next to my post, what does it mean?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:50 am

kp4djt wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:41 am
I see a small red star on the symbol next to my post, what does it mean?
probably because you made a new post

kp4djt

Post by kp4djt » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:07 am

OK, thank you.