Howdy from Oklahoma City

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
AA0NI

Howdy from Oklahoma City

Post by AA0NI » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm

Not a native Okie but been here nearly twenty years. Generally play with QRP/CW and WSPR..
And for voice I hang out on DMR (more listening than anything). The GD-77 is probably the fifth different DMR radio I've owned. And the firmware you have all put together makes it shine head and shoulders over my TYTs (380 and UV380), GD-73, and original CS-800. I've since read that financial donations aren't allowed... But I would have easily dropped $20 in the plate for your efforts.

-Daniel/AA0NI

AA0NI

Re: Howdy from Oklahoma City

Post by AA0NI » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:27 pm

Actually started using it and watching callsigns and names slowly appear on the screen... What?!

Finally learn about talker alias. Wow! Just wow!

VK3KYY

Re: Howdy from Oklahoma City

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Yep.

The Talker alias data is sent a few characters per 30ms data frame.

Its also interleveved with the Source and Destination ID's data, so I think its only about every 120ms that new TA data arrives

Hence it appears slowly.

BTW.

Do not enable TA Tx. unless you are using simplex , person to person, not via a hotspot, as TA Tx is not supposed by DMR MARC and also has strange side effects even on Brandmesiter

Also note.

On Brandmeister, the TA data you see is partially controlled by what people enter into their APRS text in the Brandmister Self Care system, so some people end up with strange things in their texts

Also for some unknown reason, probably a bug in the Brandmister system, it does not seem to send TA data for everyone. In a few cases you'll see only see the ID.