Hello from Beaverton, Oregon

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
KI7LQD

Hello from Beaverton, Oregon

Post by KI7LQD » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:23 pm

My callsign is KI7LQD. I didn't see any way to change my login name in the control panel, and noticed (now that I'm in) it's required this be my username.

I've been in amateur radio for just a few years and though I have my General, I've only used local repeaters. A friend is moving to Idaho and asked me to get a DMR radio so we could mess around with this newer twist on VHF/UHF. However, I think I'm in over my head after wrestling with my GD77 I got yesterday. The very first thing I needed to do and I ran right into a wall: I'd love to install OpenGD77 (I have the latest OpenGD77 CPS), but can't find the SGL file to flash the firmware. Where to get it? The CPS doesn't display any of the available versions in the "Download & Update" screen.

Thanks for any help any of you can pass on!

-John

VK3KYY

Re: Hello from Beaverton, Oregon

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:45 am

Hi John

Unfortunately because of software license problems, all copies of the firmware had to be removed a few days ago.

I think some people have developed a work around so that the firmware can still be obtained. See

https://www.opengd77.com/viewtopic.php? ... ram#p14394

KI7LQD

Post by KI7LQD » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pm

Roger, a sincere thanks to all you've done with this firmware and what looks like fantastic assistance you've given to so many for several years. I may be one of the last to obtain it for a while, but I hope the project will find a way to continue anew in the future.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:38 pm

jmfreeze wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pm
Roger, a sincere thanks to all you've done with this firmware and what looks like fantastic assistance you've given to so many for several years. I may be one of the last to obtain it for a while, but I hope the project will find a way to continue anew in the future.
Thanks John

I'm sure there will always be places you can find the firmware, but for legal reasons, I do not want to make it available myself.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:59 am

KI7LQD wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:23 pm
My callsign is KI7LQD. I didn't see any way to change my login name in the control panel, and noticed (now that I'm in) it's required this be my username.

I've been in amateur radio for just a few years and though I have my General, I've only used local repeaters. A friend is moving to Idaho and asked me to get a DMR radio so we could mess around with this newer twist on VHF/UHF. However, I think I'm in over my head after wrestling with my GD77 I got yesterday. The very first thing I needed to do and I ran right into a wall: I'd love to install OpenGD77 (I have the latest OpenGD77 CPS), but can't find the SGL file to flash the firmware. Where to get it? The CPS doesn't display any of the available versions in the "Download & Update" screen.

Thanks for any help any of you can pass on!

-John
Your username is now KI7LQD