Hello from South Carolina

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
KE4OGG

Hello from South Carolina

Post by KE4OGG » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:59 am

Hey all,
My callsign is KE4OGG, I'm located in upstate South Carolina and I've been involved in some form of radio for as long as I can remember. Began using radio professionally with Police, Fire and EMS starting in 1975 after tinkering with little commercial stuff in high school. I finally got my amateur ticket and eventually upgraded to general class. I used and helped maintain my work groups radios at the nuclear power plant where I worked for 38 years after my boss said "hey, you tinker with radios-do this :D " This eventually led to my introduction to DMR early on on the commercial Mototrbo side. I've experimented with multiple DMR radios both VHF and UHF and picked up one of the GD77S models several years back . I like its light weight and long battery life compared with the commercial stuff I use a lot of the time. Just found out about OpenGD77 and this board while scoping out a GD77 on a flash sale and reading a review. Looks like another radio may find a home.
Ray KE4OGG

VK3KYY

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:45 am

Hi Ray

Unfortunately to software license problems, all copies of the firmware had to be removed a few days ago.

I think some people have developed a work around so that the firmware can still be obtained. See

https://www.opengd77.com/viewtopic.php? ... ram#p14394

VK3KYY

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:57 am

KE4OGG wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:59 am
Hey all,
My callsign is KE4OGG, I'm located in upstate South Carolina and I've been involved in some form of radio for as long as I can remember. Began using radio professionally with Police, Fire and EMS starting in 1975 after tinkering with little commercial stuff in high school. I finally got my amateur ticket and eventually upgraded to general class. I used and helped maintain my work groups radios at the nuclear power plant where I worked for 38 years after my boss said "hey, you tinker with radios-do this :D " This eventually led to my introduction to DMR early on on the commercial Mototrbo side. I've experimented with multiple DMR radios both VHF and UHF and picked up one of the GD77S models several years back . I like its light weight and long battery life compared with the commercial stuff I use a lot of the time. Just found out about OpenGD77 and this board while scoping out a GD77 on a flash sale and reading a review. Looks like another radio may find a home.
Ray KE4OGG
Your username is now KE4OGG