Hello, good afternoon and welcome

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
GM7IXM Matt

Hello, good afternoon and welcome

Post by GM7IXM Matt » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:52 pm

Hi.

Matt here.

GM7IXM, also hold 2E0AIE.

I'm based in Scotland, but from England originally. I passed my novice A way back in 1994.

Then I discovered women and booze...

I'm just getting back in to radio now. I passed my advanced licence last year, and then took over my grandfathers callsign as he was very ill with dementia.

I'm currently trying to get my head round DMR. My budget is limited so I'm the proud owner of an MD-380 and an RD-5R.

I work as an emergency call handler for the ambulance service. I'm the voice you hear if you dial 999 and ask for ambulance.

Anyway. Enough about me. I hope you don't mind if I post this here. I have a teensy problem.

I've just installed openGD 77 on my RD-5R. Unfortunately I've not had a chance to play with it because when I installed it, I got the dreaded BSOD with the "inaccessible boot drive" error. It's a Windows 10 box.

Now I know that one of the causes of this is a driver issue. And I noticed that when I installed openGD 77 it installed a driver. I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this issue? Any help hugely appreciated.

VK3KYY

Re: Hello, good afternoon and welcome

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:55 pm

Welcome

You could take a look at this thread about Windows 10

https://www.opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1504