SP7CZO

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
sp7czo

Re: SP7CZO

Post by sp7czo » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:54 am

F1RMB wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:13 am
The worse thing is the encoding, it's unknown here.
what encoding should be used ?
Excel is not ok ? , file is CSV

sorry but this is new for me

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:08 am

Humm, I asked for the encoding.
Please answer, otherwise you will keeping wasting your time if the encoding is wrong at the source (here the source is you ;-) ).

sp7czo

Post by sp7czo » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:05 am

I am just using excel to correct the translation.
so I need to use some python compiler to do this right // ?

I can help with correct translation
If somene could help with programing staff
Last edited by sp7czo on Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:14 am

No, a text editor, like notepad++.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

sp7czo

Post by sp7czo » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:36 am

ok, now everything is clear, I will use notepad++. One more question :
can I use in translation polish signs like ą,ę ó or better not ?

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:48 am

Yes.

sq9hht

Post by sq9hht » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:04 pm

Hello.
Our problem is that we have no knowledge about programming and so on. For me, Python is at best a snake;)
Therefore, based on the corrected and completed excel file, would any of you just for a quick no could generate an already finished VPR to upload to the radio? it would make it very easy for us. By the way, the default file for the Polish language that you publish on your site has so many errors that it should be removed, and replaced with what we have prepared, in the sense of a generated new voice with Polish commands that we have translated correctly. Because what is the default is not suitable for use:) Please help and understanding.

In addition, I would have one more comment. If already generating a voice for the Polish language, it would be advisable for it to be the voice of Jacek. It is much clearer and more pleasant for the user. I think it would make all of this much more user-friendly for many Polish people if, based on our work with the excel file, we could generate something that would ultimately be on the website and serve many current and future blind radio amateurs. We are very much counting on you and that together, thanks to your help, we will be able to achieve the goal quickly and efficiently.
73 Pawel sq9hht

Jusqu'à ce que nous ayons de vos nouvelles ;)

sp7czo

Post by sp7czo » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:02 pm

file corrected
sq9hht wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:04 pm
Hello.
Our problem is that we have no knowledge about programming and so on. For me, Python is at best a snake;)
Therefore, based on the corrected and completed excel file, would any of you just for a quick no could generate an already finished VPR to upload to the radio? it would make it very easy for us. By the way, the default file for the Polish language that you publish on your site has so many errors that it should be removed, and replaced with what we have prepared, in the sense of a generated new voice with Polish commands that we have translated correctly. Because what is the default is not suitable for use:) Please help and understanding.

In addition, I would have one more comment. If already generating a voice for the Polish language, it would be advisable for it to be the voice of Jacek. It is much clearer and more pleasant for the user. I think it would make all of this much more user-friendly for many Polish people if, based on our work with the excel file, we could generate something that would ultimately be on the website and serve many current and future blind radio amateurs. We are very much counting on you and that together, thanks to your help, we will be able to achieve the goal quickly and efficiently.
73 Pawel sq9hht

Jusqu'à ce que nous ayons de vos nouvelles ;)
corrected file in annex , made in notepad++
Attachments
wordlist_polish _new.csv
(9.75 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:33 pm

Hi,
sp7czo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:02 pm

corrected file in annex , made in notepad++
Nice, this one is fine.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:39 am

Becasue there are many changes and the text to speach site (www.ttsmp3.com) has daily usage limits, it has not been possible for me to generate new complete voice prompts for the changes.

But re-run the script tomorrow and hopefully there will then be enough conversion quota to complete the generation of the new voice prompt files

I will post again when the converstion is complete