New user G7UAY

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
G7UAY

New user G7UAY

Post by G7UAY » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:00 am

Hello, please be gentle, I know NOTHING of forum etiquette so apologies in advance if I get it wrong.
I am a professional radio telecommunications engineer as well as a radio amateur. I don't get to play much radio ham as I travel for my work overseas and since I don't spend enough in one location, I can't apply for a license. However there is ways to keep on the air with a hotspot. When I do get time to play, its usually only 2-3 days in 6 months so I like things to be on time.
I am sure I signed up for OpenGD77 in 2018 0r 2019 maybe. I have correspondence emails from the forum but it didn't list my username and I got bored trying to find it.

VK3KYY

Re: New user G7UAY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:12 am

G7UAY wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:00 am
I am sure I signed up for OpenGD77 in 2018 0r 2019 maybe. I have correspondence emails from the forum but it didn't list my username and I got bored
No worries

The forum won't let you sign up with the same username twice, and probably not allow 2 accounts with the same email address.

I've checked and I can only find one account with the email you gave for your G7UAY account, so I don't see any problem.

The forum has a lot of dormant accounts, and potentially I should deleted all accounts which have not logged in for over a year, but I never seem to have time to do those sort of admin tasks