Should we have a weekly openGD77 net?

DU2XXR

Should we have a weekly openGD77 net?

Post by DU2XXR » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:20 am

Any thoughts? Maybe just to get to know each other? I'm thinking we could have a weekly topic, content, or guest for Q&A, but it could be a simple roundtable. We do have a BrandMeister TalkGroup, 98997.

I host a daily club roll call at TG51518 at 0130H-0200H UTC, and I get around 15-20 checkins during a 30 minute period (some just key up or check in via web at dx1arm.net ).

I'd be willing to help organize. We just need to set a schedule, topics, and possible resource persons.

NA7Q

Re: Should we have a weekly openGD77 net?

Post by NA7Q » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:38 pm

This does sound like a pretty cool idea. I imagine it may be difficult due to the world time differences. But perhaps something could be done to have a secondary net to better coordinate with the time zones.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:58 pm

Fairly early on a Sunday morning in my TZ is the late evening in the UK and early evening in the east coast USA.

However, I think this would be very early in the morning for Angelo, and also only the middle of the afternoon for the west coast USA.

But if it was held at that time i.e Sunday for me and Angelo (and the guys in NZ), then its Saturday for the ROW hence its not a work day.

DU2XXR

Post by DU2XXR » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:58 pm
Fairly early on a Sunday morning in my TZ is the late evening in the UK and early evening in the east coast USA.

However, I think this would be very early in the morning for Angelo, and also only the middle of the afternoon for the west coast USA.

But if it was held at that time i.e Sunday for me and Angelo (and the guys in NZ), then its Saturday for the ROW hence its not a work day.
Sunday Midnight UK would be 8AM my time and noon your time, Roger, if I'm not mistaken.

That would be 8PM Saturday in the East Coast and around 4PM in the West Coast. Could be a common ground for most users here.