Official Radioddity firmware 3.02.04 problem

IZ2EIB

Re: Official Radioddity firmware 3.02.04 problem

Post by IZ2EIB » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:06 pm

@VK3KYY

Roger, I honestly can say, but what Miquel described here

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=739#p6600

is pretty the same as what I experienced firsthand and described on the forum time ago.
Before disassembling the GD-77 and removing components I would have tried with rescue firmware v3.1.5 from Radioddity, as in my case it solved the problem.
I can not be sure it would work out, but I repeat that trying costs nothing and it might be worth doing it, also considering the little effort required and the simplicity of putting it into practice.
Here is the reason for my answer.
Anyway it is really nice to know that it would still be possible to restore everything with the help of the STM32 BluePill board, of course I already have it running your bootloader Roger ;-) and that right now exists a patched bootloader!
The BluePill is indeed a cheap but very powerful and versatile development board, in my opinion a must.
Thank you very much Roger!

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Hi Fabio

No worrries

I agree, if possible Miguel should try other things before disassembling the radio.

For me I now find it easy to disassemble radios, as I have done it many times, and have all the tools to make it easy, but for other people its difficult.

Anyway. We will wait for Miguel to confirm exactly the problem he has.

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:32 am

Well, Fabio the main problem is that can't enter in firmware mode update, if i press the two side buttons and power on dont work, open and remove components is not problem because i work in radiocommunications and have tools and measure devices, the problem is with the software and flash tools,normally we use propietary software of diferents brands, but between my colleague and i , i supose that we can do it, now have to wait the jlink programmer and the new radio, radioddity send me a replacement for the faulty radio, they have very good customer service.
I tell something when i have news, thank you to all for your interest, and hope it works for me and other people who brick his radio.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:49 am

Miguel

Don’t worry. It’s definitely possible to unbrick the radio.

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Hello, today has arrived the jlink programmer, i try to flash the radio with the jflash but not work, in this moment i dont know what to do, i download mcuxpresso but its more complicated to me, can you helpme how to follow? i see on github the mcuxpresso part but this is the trick part and now i dont know what to do.
I conected the points gnd, clk,dio, rst and vcc to the same in the jlink adapter, the j link in swd mode, the correct model of cpu but no success. i try with power on, power off, and nothing
Thanks

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:06 pm

Miguel

I will make a video to explain the process

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:27 am

Actual Miguel

Perhaps we can do a video conference some time so I can see whats happening

Perhaps via Talky

https://talky.io/opengd77

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Hello pipa, welcome, seem that your radio is opposite to mine, your radio starts always in firmware update mode? Or not enter in firmware upgrade?
Can you use it normally after? Or its locked in this mode?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:16 pm

pipa wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:21 pm
My radio cannot start S1 + S2 and switch power to firmware update mode. The green LED just flashes and the radio switches to normal mode.
This happens when the hardware lock bytes on the MCU ROM have been erased.

The only way to solve this is to reload the bootloader by directly connecting to the hardware using a debugger like a JLink.

I have made "patched" (modified) bootloader with hardware lock check removed

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... ootloaders

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:52 am

Hello pipa, we are in the same problem,i search over internet on how to load flash on the radio and cant find something ,VK3KYY if you know how to do it, can you help us making a guide on wich program and the process to recover our radios?
It could help us and another people to enjoy the radio again, we can wait for your time.
Thanks
MR