NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [9/27][GD-77][DM-1801][RD-5R]

EB3AM

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [2/26]

Post by EB3AM » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:33 am

I prefer to read the % symbol next to the number. just like on my iPhone ... :oops:
As for the filter, the options "single" and "double" are not too clear to me. I understand the filters in the Roger's firmware much better.
shortcuts are useful ... :roll:

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:53 am

I detected a reset of the walkie in the menu "channel details" when modifying the CC.
I tried it a second time and it didn't go any further.
I have also noticed that in some cases the display shows CC0 when I have CC1 programmed in the CPS.

NA7Q

Post by NA7Q » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Single / double isn't clear now that new filters are in place with CC filtering. I took the AnyTone based approach. They use Single timeslot or Double (dual/both) timeslots options in their monitor mode filtering. This approach made more sense to me.
I'll likely change the names in the coming builds to reflect the new approach of no filtering for timeslots + CC.
Perhaps also making CC filter a separate option from the filtering.

The other bugs you mention are the same across the firmware.

KC7RBW

Post by KC7RBW » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:16 am

EB3AM wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:53 am
I have also noticed that in some cases the display shows CC0 when I have CC1 programmed in the CPS.
NA7Q wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 pm
Today I noticed that in the NA7Q firmware if I set the VFO to CC1 and then I TX it resets the channel to CC0. That doesn't happen on Roger's firmware. It's not just displaying CC0 - when I TX again it's using the wrong CC (my hotspot complains of the mismatch.

NA7Q

Post by NA7Q » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:26 am

KC7RBW wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:16 am
EB3AM wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:53 am
NA7Q wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 pm
Today I noticed that in the NA7Q firmware if I set the VFO to CC1 and then I TX it resets the channel to CC0. That doesn't happen on Roger's firmware. It's not just displaying CC0 - when I TX again it's using the wrong CC (my hotspot complains of the mismatch.
You are right. I will check the build and see what happened between this and the last build. It didn't do this on the previous build, as I use CC1 and VFO and the memory channels. But it looks like it's caused by the recent "CC" filtering code.

It seems to only do it with the filter on Double (Filter Off), CC, and Single (CC,TS). If you're on Contact (CC,TS,Ct), or TG (CC,TS,TG) then the issue isn't there. My code changes are not all that different to Roger's. So either he has something different that isn't on Github with the latest CC filtering code, or I'm missing something. I'll keep looking, but for now I'll remove the build.

NA7Q

Post by NA7Q » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:27 am

I was able to build based purely off of the Github code. The bug is present there. So I'm taking a guess that Roger hasn't updated to the very latest version of code. Good catch though! I'll be needing the VFO this weekend, so it's good to know it's misbehaving.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:37 am

I have not changed anything related to the CC value in my local copy.

So the bug probably exists in my version as well, but its probably conditional on a variety of factors

NA7Q

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [2/28]

Post by NA7Q » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:25 pm

I add the ability to scan by long pressing 1 in Channel Mode. It is not yet operational in VFO mode with this method.
This makes for an easy one handed operation!

VK3KYY

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [2/29]

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:34 am

FYI.

Your firmware version should use a completely different settings magic number, because you have a different power level mapping to master version in my repo, and potentially other mappings which are different.

This will potentially cause people to set their radio to 5W++ when changing from your version to the master version

You need to maintain your own numbering system which needs to change every time there is a settings magic number in the master version.

Also, your power value settings for less then 50mW are unlikely to work for anyone but you, because the power curve is highly non linear below 50mW, and even the 50mW varies wildly from radio to radio.

NA7Q

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [2/29]

Post by NA7Q » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:19 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:34 am
FYI.

Your firmware version should use a completely different settings magic number, because you have a different power level mapping to master version in my repo, and potentially other mappings which are different.

This will potentially cause people to set their radio to 5W++ when changing from your version to the master version

You need to maintain your own numbering system which needs to change every time there is a settings magic number in the master version.

Also, your power value settings for less then 50mW are unlikely to work for anyone but you, because the power curve is highly non linear below 50mW, and even the 50mW varies wildly from radio to radio.
Thanks for the info. As a noobie, I don't know that much haha. I just pluck away until it works. I just learned the magic number concept the other day. I will be using a unique one to not conflict with the official builds so that it resets. I figured the power levels vary greatly by radio. Especially the lower values. I may end up with a long press method to access those, like with the 5W++.

Thanks!