[No response from OP] Hotspot Mode Exits When No Internet

NA7Q

[No response from OP] Hotspot Mode Exits When No Internet

Post by NA7Q » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:33 am

I've noticed that the radio will exit hotspot mode whenever a connection to the internet is dropped on a Raspberry Pi. Sometimes it takes a while for it to come back, I've had a couple times where the radio won't go back into hotspot without restarting the Pi, even the radio. May be an issue on the Pi-Star and or the radio firmware.

I noticed this issue when running it in a rough cellular area. When the internet is there, it works great. When it's spotty, it seems to be problematic at times.

Using the latest source code as of Jan 28.

F1RMB

Re: Hotspot Mode Exits When No Internet

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:23 am

Hi Michael,
NA7Q wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:33 am
I've noticed that the radio will exit hotspot mode whenever a connection to the internet is dropped on a Raspberry Pi. Sometimes it takes a while for it to come back, I've had a couple times where the radio won't go back into hotspot without restarting the Pi, even the radio. May be an issue on the Pi-Star and or the radio firmware.

I noticed this issue when running it in a rough cellular area. When the internet is there, it works great. When it's spotty, it seems to be problematic at times.

Using the latest source code as of Jan 28.
Can you tell me the Pi-Star version you're using ?

Cheers.
---
Daniel

NA7Q

Re: Hotspot Mode Exits When No Internet

Post by NA7Q » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:28 pm

I'm on a Pi Zero W with 3.4.17.

NA7Q

Re: [No response from OP] Hotspot Mode Exits When No Internet

Post by NA7Q » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:07 pm

I'm revisiting this issue. To this day, hotspot mode exits if the Pi loses internet for any period of time. After so many times. You need to restart the Pi to get it working again. I had a lot of issues keeping it going during an extended 2,000 mile trip I just finished. I saw a report on Facebook of another user with unstable internet have the exact same issue. So it's not isolated to me.