DU2XXR

Re: Update 6th Jan 2020

Post by DU2XXR » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:00 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:55 am
IU4LEG wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:12 am
Roger, just to let you know:
Also... Thanks to Angelo and others, the User Guide has also been updated to include any new functionality over the last couple of weeks.
the user manual, at usual link on github, seems to be still in the previous version.
I don't think the PDF is getting updated that often because its difficult to create at PDF.

I think Angelo is only able to update the readme.md web page

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 20Guide.md
Bud does the PDF. I have generated the PDF myself, although my versions do not look quite as good. Will keep on updating the markdown version when I find time, plus the planned short user guide, too. The holidays have been very busy, especially with kids (and considering I didn't get a break from work, as we had new projects and clients).

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:04 am

Angelo

I do have Atom installed on my machine, but have never tried to generate the PDF

I wonder if there would be a way to create a PHP page which stripped out the wrapper HTML around the rendering of the readme.md HTML from github, as then the web browser could be used to save to PDF if anyone had a PDF writer driver installed.

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:42 pm

Great job with the January 6 [3fe76d4] firmware release. It's running very nicely here with both of my GD77 radios. The talkgroups are displaying by name perfectly when it pauses for activity while scanning. Great job!

73, Rob W1AEX

iz8aju

Post by iz8aju » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:22 pm

Great work, perfect team!
Thank you so much!

73 Giuseppe iz8aju

W0RMT

Post by W0RMT » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:51 am

4I1RAC wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:00 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:55 am
IU4LEG wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:12 am
Roger, just to let you know:

the user manual, at usual link on github, seems to be still in the previous version.
I don't think the PDF is getting updated that often because its difficult to create at PDF.

I think Angelo is only able to update the readme.md web page

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 20Guide.md
Bud does the PDF. I have generated the PDF myself, although my versions do not look quite as good. Will keep on updating the markdown version when I find time, plus the planned short user guide, too. The holidays have been very busy, especially with kids (and considering I didn't get a break from work, as we had new projects and clients).
Angelo- yes the holidays have taken my time here, as well as preparation for moving to VK land next week for 6 months. So I haven't had as much time lately for radio. But I can help with the User Guide and making the pdf. I think I've got the latter bit sorted well in Atom. Maybe you and I can plan in a PM or different thread on what needs to be done. Thanks for working on the Guide!

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:02 am

Bud

I tried opening the current .MD file and looked in the markdown preview window, but it seemed to have problems with the index, and was putting blocks of code in with the human readable text, as if it could not parse it.

I also had a go at saving the github render of the .md file (as HTML) and manually stripping out the github header etc to just leave the <article> tag.

However my PDF printer driver insists on putting a file path at the top of every page :-( which makes it look really messy.

Vk4alf

Post by Vk4alf » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:21 am

Worked straight up and fixed my TG and Call Sign display issue i was having
nice touch with VFO a/b showing up on the Rx Tx freq's in VFO mode
thanks for your hard work
Len VK4ALF

W0RMT

Post by W0RMT » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:22 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:02 am
Bud

I tried opening the current .MD file and looked in the markdown preview window, but it seemed to have problems with the index, and was putting blocks of code in with the human readable text, as if it could not parse it.

I also had a go at saving the github render of the .md file (as HTML) and manually stripping out the github header etc to just leave the <article> tag.

However my PDF printer driver insists on putting a file path at the top of every page :-( which makes it look really messy.
I'll generate a new pdf and submit a PR. I've got Atom setup to do this OK, I think.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:34 pm

Bud

BTW.

VK3AFW told me that there are a few typo's in the User Guide, including "zome" instead of "zone" and also some duplicate "the the" in the text, but I've not had time to confirm that and fix it.

W0RMT

Post by W0RMT » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:32 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:34 pm
Bud

BTW.

VK3AFW told me that there are a few typo's in the User Guide, including "zome" instead of "zone" and also some duplicate "the the" in the text, but I've not had time to confirm that and fix it.
PR #334 has an updated markdown file with ToC, a new updated pdf with ToC, and an all new html version with linked ToC.

The links in the ToC of the pdf are still not working properly, but it's an issue that's going to take time to sort out. I've tried multiple markdown editors (Atom, reText, ghostwriter, etc) with no luck on that, and done lots of searching. I'll keep at it but I'm not sure the solution is easy to find. That's why I included the html version too.