GM1YME Codeplug problem.....

GM1YME

GM1YME Codeplug problem.....

Post by GM1YME » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:34 pm

Gettng to grips with things after a break.

I brought my codeplug up to date using V3.1.9 of the official software. This seems to work OK in the radio.

I then installed the OpenGD77 CPS and imported this. It told me about the change to the Zone structure.

When I installed this converted file to the radio, I found that the Zones appeared to be corrupted.

I thought that this CPS was designed to work with the official firmware....

I've uploaded the original version of the codeplug if anybody wants to take a look

GM1YME

Re: GM1YME Codeplug problem.....

Post by GM1YME » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:00 pm

Ah. I see that there are two versions of the CPS - I assumed that the one I downloaded could be used with both official and OpenGD77 firmware....

I shall now download and install the "Community" version!

VK3KYY

Re: GM1YME Codeplug problem.....

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:16 pm

The Community CPS does support both, but only for codeplug files with 16 channel zones.

With the enhancements to the OpenGD77 firmware , like 80 channel zones, it’s not technically practical to have 1 CPS which can detect and handle different formats of codeplug.
So the OpenGD77 CPS only supports 80 channel zones ( but it does attempt to upgrade codeplugs to the 80 channel format)

I am going to need to completely diverge the OpenGD77 CPS source code from the Community CPS, as they become more different, and the OpenGD77 CPS will not support the official firmware at all.