Experimental new feature to display the Last Heard during Tx

IU4LEG

Re: Experimental new feature to display the Last Heard during Tx

Post by IU4LEG » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:53 pm

m1dyp wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:22 pm
i noticed on mine that doesn't happen anymore which is great, it used to trigger the back light at the end of a received transmission, but now it stays dark which is great.

maybe check you have the latest firmware 08.47.49 dec 28 2019 1b1e7d5
yes, I can confirm that with the latest version that problem has been solved.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:59 pm

Ken

I was also going to post asking why anyone wants DualWatch.
The function to listen on both TS and the Zone scan feature both makes DualWatch redundant.

The radio only has one RF chip, so the official firmware DualWatch function, is simply a 2 channel zone scan in disguise

The ability to monitor for traffic on either TS is even more efficient as the radio does not constantly have to change frequency to monitor both TS.

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:00 pm

IU4LEG wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:53 pm
m1dyp wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:22 pm
i noticed on mine that doesn't happen anymore which is great, it used to trigger the back light at the end of a received transmission, but now it stays dark which is great.

maybe check you have the latest firmware 08.47.49 dec 28 2019 1b1e7d5
yes, I can confirm that with the latest version that problem has been solved.
great, glad to hear

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:05 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:59 pm
Ken

I was also going to post asking why anyone wants DualWatch.
The function to listen on both TS and the Zone scan feature both makes DualWatch redundant.

The radio only has one RF chip, so the official firmware DualWatch function, is simply a 2 channel zone scan in disguise

The ability to monitor for traffic on either TS is even more efficient as the radio does not constantly have to change frequency to monitor both TS.
HI Roger, for me, I was monitoring both my hotspot (no DMR repeaters here) and my echolink node/acess point (ANALOGUE FM) for my area (I have run MB7IWG for over 5 years) but with the excellent scan mode, its better as it can monitor all of my codeplug (currently 90 channels) :D

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:27 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:54 am
Can you give me some feedback on this version.

Note. This version also includes a change from Daniel to implement BackLight modes, of Auto, Manual or None.

In Manual mode, the BackLight is toggled via SK1 (the black button), so there may be some conflight with my use of SK1, but I think SK1 is preferrable to using SK2 for the Last Heard during Tx as SK1 is right next to the PTT button and more ergonomic to use than the Blue (SK2) button.
Hi Roger and all!
A very good news!
Anyway I do not know if it is only my two GD-77s that are weird, but if I set the manual backlight on the SK1 button then to put it back automatically/timed I have to enter and select the menu several times until the setting is randomly accepted, otherwise always it remains "N/A", no matter what.
Thanks!

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:15 am

IZ2EIB wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:27 pm
VK3KYY wrote:

Note. This version also includes a change from Daniel to implement BackLight modes, of Auto, Manual or None.

In Manual mode, the BackLight is toggled via SK1 (the black button), so there may be some conflight with my use of SK1, but I think SK1 is preferrable to using SK2 for the Last Heard during Tx as SK1 is right next to the PTT button and more ergonomic to use than the Blue (SK2) button.
Hi Roger and all!
A very good news!
Anyway I do not know if it is only my two GD-77s that are weird, but if I set the manual backlight on the SK1 button then to put it back automatically/timed I have to enter and select the menu several times until the setting is randomly accepted, otherwise always it remains "N/A", no matter what.
Thanks!

I just tested and I can't replicate this problem.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:22 am

Hi,
IZ2EIB wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:27 pm
VK3KYY wrote:

Hi Roger and all!
A very good news!
Thanks!

Are you sure you pressed the GREEN button to validate the changes. If you press the RED, it cancels any change you've made.

Cheers.

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi Roger and Daniel, thank you for your priceless support!
F1RMB wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:22 am
Are you sure you pressed the GREEN button to validate the changes. If you press the RED, it cancels any change you've made.
I am pretty sure I used GREEN button to validate the changes and not to have made mistakes, also because I can replicate the problem even right now.
However for my side it is something that has little or no impact on the usability of the Open firmware, I only reported it as mere information.
In any case it is need for me to clarify that the problem could be confined to my GD-77s which have already provided important evidence of their weird behaving while running Open firmware.
Thank you Daniel!

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi Fabio,

IZ2EIB wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:14 pm
Hi Roger and Daniel, thank you for your priceless support!
F1RMB wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:22 am
I am pretty sure I used GREEN button to validate the changes and not to have made mistakes, also because I can replicate the problem even right now.
However for my side it is something that has little or no impact on the usability of the Open firmware, I only reported it as mere information.
In any case it is need for me to clarify that the problem could be confined to my GD-77s which have already provided important evidence of their weird behaving while running Open firmware.
Thank you Daniel!

I just checked, but isn't the 77s without screen and keyboard ?

Cheers.
---
Daniel

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:37 pm

Ah, plural 😁

If you have a step by step procedure to expose this behaviour, I'll be happy to try it (as I'm unable to reproduce).

Also, did you tried to reset all settings by pressing BLUE key and turn on your GD-77 ?

Cheers.
---
Daniel