Localisation support (foreign languages)

VK3KYY

Re: Localistion support (foreign languages)

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:05 pm

I posted the latest build here

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 303855.zip

in relation to another bug

Please try that version, as it also has all the other updates, including the button to activate the backlight, and the disable feature for the LEDs

It also has various other changes, both bug fixes and internal code reorganisation

DMR repeaters can now be received correctly when the radio is in Simplex mode (Tx and Rx frequencies are the same)

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:55 pm

thanks, voice cuts off a bit early for me when reading frequency, maybe because im on echo level 4, but i dont mind that :)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:15 pm

m1dyp wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:55 pm
thanks, voice cuts off a bit early for me when reading frequency, maybe because im on echo level 4, but i dont mind that :)
The Eco level is supposed to not engage until the voice prompt has ended.

Do you mean the frequency readout if getting terminated ?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:15 am

OK. I see what you mean.

The voice prompts get cut off on Eco Level 4.

I'm sure this did not used to be a problem, but something in the recent changes must have broken this.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:50 am

m1dyp wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:55 pm
This version should fix that bug

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 031247.zip

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:12 am

thank you , will try it

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:47 am

Another update to the latest build

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 031642.zip

CTCSS squelch hold time has been reduced from 250ms to 125ms because of a bug report. However the CTCSS hold time is a tradeoff between weak signal performance, overdeviation performance and squelch tail length.

CTCSS is not designed to replace squelch completely, its just an additional way to reduce squelch miss triggering because of QRM

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:09 pm

Hi Roger.
Thank you for changing your mind about adding the possibility of activating or deactivating the LEDs, this makes me very happy.
Finally now I can enjoy the chance to listen to the DMR in the most complete darkness, when previously the flashing of the LEDs was quite annoying to me.
Many, many thanks Roger!

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the ".buttons" entry in the new LANGUAGE.h file?
Thanks.

I am pretty sure I did not dream of it, but last night when I updated my GD-77 with the new firmware OpenGD77_20210303855, a message in English with confirmation request (OK) has appeared inherent to the upgrade.
Unfortunately I pressed OK (green button) without paying too much attention to what was written on the display and with subsequent updates I have not seen it anymore.
What is it about?
Thanks.

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:45 am

IZ2EIB wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:09 pm
Hi Roger.
Thank you for changing your mind about adding the possibility of activating or deactivating the LEDs, this makes me very happy.
Finally now I can enjoy the chance to listen to the DMR in the most complete darkness, when previously the flashing of the LEDs was quite annoying to me.
Many, many thanks Roger!

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the ".buttons" entry in the new LANGUAGE.h file?
Thanks.

I am pretty sure I did not dream of it, but last night when I updated my GD-77 with the new firmware OpenGD77_20210303855, a message in English with confirmation request (OK) has appeared inherent to the upgrade.
Unfortunately I pressed OK (green button) without paying too much attention to what was written on the display and with subsequent updates I have not seen it anymore.
What is it about?
Thanks.

.buttons is for the Display Option for "mode".
In this display "mode" the backlight only illuminated when a button is pressed. i.e it does not illuminate when a signal is received

Re: LEDs disabling
Daniel added this (and the buttons mode)

I would also like to add a % option to the LEDs to make them dim with the same value as the display backlight, but at the moment I don't know if the hardware supports PWM on the LED pin.

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:37 pm

Thanks Roger for the kind explanation and thanks also to Daniel for the new interesting features.