New ongoing "Development" version has been created

VK3KYY

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:53 am

Another 2 fixes from Daniel F1RMB...

• Fix to problem when cancelling changes to the Beep volume on the Sound Options screen. Thanks to Daniel F1RMB.
  • Fix to Voice Prompts problem when entering the upper VFO scan frequency, where the word "point" was ommitted, between the MHz and kHz digits. Thanks to Daniel F1RMB

F6GVE

Post by F6GVE » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:38 pm

Thanks a lot to you two

f6fzo

Post by f6fzo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:14 am

Merci :mrgreen:

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:25 am

I've updated the Development release with a large number of small changes

The things that are changed include. (but it is probably not a complete list as there were loads of small changes, which I don't have time to list individually)

* Removal of "Normal" beep Prompt level, as this was superseded a long time ago by the "beep" level. (VK3KYY)
* Fixes to Factory reset functionality to set Prompt level to 'Voice 1' if voice prompts are loaded, or "Beep" if voice prompts are not loaded (VK3KYY)
* CPS upload of voice prompts changes Prompt level to 'Voice 1' (VK3KYY)
* Multiple changes to voice prompts, including changes to voice the squelch level and that pressing button SK1 with Prompt set to 'Voice 1' has the same function all all menu screens that already existed on the Channel and VFO mode screens. (F1RMB ,VK3KYY, & VK7JS)
* Bug fixes to VFO->New Channel (F1RMB)
* Various other bug fixes (F1RMB)
* Addition of the word "Hertz" to the voice prompt, if the latest voice prompt file is loaded (F1RMB)

There are some other changes under development, however I don't think they will be released today, because I've already spent 8 hours working on the firmware today (Saturday), and don't have much more time available.

Please note.

This version performs a Factory Reset on the settings, because of the change to remove the "Normal" prompt level.

So you will need to reapply all your custom settings, like Timeout beep, Display brightness, Beep volume etc

At one time while I was developing this version, by VFO's both got set to 0.000 Hz, and I had to re-enter both VFO frequencies, however I hope I have now fixed that problem, and I've not see it in the version I have uploaded to Github

If you VFO's happen to reset, please re-enter the frequencies for VFO A and VFO B

DO4CZ

Post by DO4CZ » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:50 am

Thanks Roger

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:20 am

Everything is ok even the VFO A / B display the frequencies correctly
Thank you

VK3KYY

DTMF Contacts support added

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:25 am

The Development release has been updated

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.09.13

Thanks to the work done by Daniel F1RMB, the firmware now supports DTMF Contacts from data uploaded as part of the codeplug.
The CPS has been updated so that DTMF Contacts screens are now enabled again
Voice prompts have been updated to include the new prompt needed for "DTMF List"

This feature is accessed via the Contacts menu, and allows the radio to transmit a DTMF contact (numbers).

Note.
Currently you need to enter the DTMF contacts into the CPS and upload them into the radio, there is no functionality to add or edit DTMF contacts inthe firmware.

You can of course manually dial DTMF numbers by pressing the keypad keys while transmitting on FM.

VK3KYY

Version with indivdial power on each channel

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:59 pm

I'm working on an experimental version where the power on a channel can use the Master power or can have an individual power setting.

I've put the firmware for this experimental version onto my Google drive , here...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Loading this firmware should not immediately change the way that power is controlled on Channels, because by default all Channels will be set to use the Master power. Which is the same as the existing functionality

To set an individual power on a Channel in the firmware, you must go to the Channel Details screen, and change the "Ch Power:" option

The change to the power for the channel will not be permanently saved to the codeplug unless you press SK2 + Green when leaving the Channel Details.

When a hannel has individual power, the display of the power e.g. "250mW" is changed to bold font.

The VFO continues to use the Master power.

If you change the power when in the VFO it changes the Master power.

On the Channel screen..
If you change the power on a hannel which still uses the Master power, you will change the Master power for the radio.
(This functionality is required, so that there is no difference for operators who do not want individual power settings on each Channel)

On the Channel screen..
If you change the power on a channel which already has an individual power setting, then the changes you make will be temporary whist you are on that channel. If you leave that channel and go to another channel, then return to the Channel, the power setting will revert to the individual power you assigned to that Channel in the Channel details screen.
e.g.
You if you have a channel set to 1W, but find that you can't access the repeater because you are not at home.
You change the power to 5W to access the repeater, but when you are at home again, and use the channel again, you would not want 5W, hence the channel retains the power set on the Channel Details screen.

i.e You should set the individual power on a channel for the normal use of that channel, and you can the override that power setting if necessary.

For me, I now set my hotspot channels to 250mW, and all the repeater channels to 1W.
However, I know if I am portable with my radio, I may need to temporarily increase the power on a channel to 5W to access the repeater.

Anyway. I hope that makes sense.

BTW.

I have already done the voice prompts for this and I will put them in a separate sub folder on my google drive

Also. You need to update your CPS, otherwise if you read the codeplug from the radio the individual channel power settings will be lost.

Update

I've had feedback from a few beta testers, and I think the text "Master" will need to be change to "N/A".
So that the VFO always displays "Ch Power:N/A" and... channels which don't have an individual power setting also display "Ch Power:N/A".
If a channel has individual power the value show will... e.g. "Ch Power:750mW"

YT5HOK

Re: Version with indivdial power on each channel

Post by YT5HOK » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:58 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:59 pm
Update

I've had feedback from a few beta testers, and I think the text "Master" will need to be change to "N/A".
So that the VFO always displays "Ch Power:N/A" and... channels which don't have an individual power setting also display "Ch Power:N/A".
Maybe "Ch.Power:Default"...? (16 characters)

VK3KYY

Re: Version with indivdial power on each channel

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:10 am

YT5HOK wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:58 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:59 pm
Update

Maybe "Ch.Power:Default"...? (16 characters)
Thanks.

"Ch Power:Default" is an option.

I'll wait for feedback from some other people