regulated gain in RX amp ???

EA5SW

regulated gain in RX amp ???

Post by EA5SW » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:05 pm

The RX amplifier in Hotspot mode works very well with the walky antenna, but when you put on an external antenna the band sweeps and interferences in big cities makes it very difficult to receive well.

I have created a test version in which I have the rx amp off but it seems too much, maybe it would be advisable to have the gain at 50%.

Do you think that gain could be regulated?

Thank you

VK3KYY

Re: regulated gain in RX amp ???

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:10 pm

EA5SW wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:05 pm
The RX amplifier in Hotspot mode works very well with the walky antenna, but when you put on an external antenna the band sweeps and interferences in big cities makes it very difficult to receive well.

I have created a test version in which I have the rx amp off but it seems too much, maybe it would be advisable to have the gain at 50%.

Do you think that gain could be regulated?

Thank you
I don’t think the RF Chip (AT1846S) has an RF gain control setting.

Look in the data sheet in the docs folder, but I think someone else asked the same question, and we could not find a gain control

EB3AM

Re: regulated gain in RX amp ???

Post by EB3AM » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:30 am

I think there is not much to do with this problem. Really the GD77 doesn't have good input filtering. Therefore in noisy areas it is not easy to eliminate interference. In addition, they may be far from the frequencies we are working on and will saturate the receiver. This is true of many radios today, with high bandwidth and low filtering. I have seen this problem with my ICOM IC7300 and saturations in the 14MHz band due to the nearby broadcasting signals.