Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post Reply
MM6NRK
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Re: Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post by MM6NRK » Sun May 17, 2020 9:20 pm

ea3ihi wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:50 pm
You can remove the < and > from your callsign.

You can look for the dmr server ip in https://brandmeister.network/?page=masters, probably the one in UK with this ip:

http://87.117.229.173/

Don't forget that your password has to match the one you have in your self care area.

If you use hdmi connectort for your raspi screen, audio will go through hdmi by default, and not through the 3.5mm jack.

More info about audio output:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -config.md
Ok thats me logged in but the funny thing is when i use password it boots up on desktop then disappears after about 5 to 10 secs ?

Its the same password i use in self care area .

ea3ihi
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post by ea3ihi » Sun May 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Try running the application from a terminal so you can see in the output some clue of what happens.
EA3IHI - David

MM6NRK
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Re: Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post by MM6NRK » Sun May 17, 2020 11:28 pm

ea3ihi wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:09 pm
Try running the application from a terminal so you can see in the output some clue of what happens.
css error is line 51

Only seems to happen when you add the password from selfcare .

MM6NRK
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Re: Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post by MM6NRK » Mon May 18, 2020 1:42 pm

ea3ihi wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:09 pm
Try running the application from a terminal so you can see in the output some clue of what happens.
Here is a video i took of what it is doing .When i use Selfcare password in it cuts off . css error on line 51 it says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0bs1H6 ... e=youtu.be

TA2EI
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 10:39 am
Location: Ankara
Contact:

Re: Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post by TA2EI » Mon May 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi David,
After a successful installing on a RPI4 I've installed DMRStation SW on a RPI-zero. When I tried to run the SW I got "Fragmentation fault" error message.
Could you please inform us about minimum requirements of the sw?

ea3ihi
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post by ea3ihi » Mon May 18, 2020 5:11 pm

MM6NRK wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:42 pm
ea3ihi wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:09 pm
Try running the application from a terminal so you can see in the output some clue of what happens.
Here is a video i took of what it is doing .When i use Selfcare password in it cuts off . css error on line 51 it says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0bs1H6 ... e=youtu.be
You can ignore the css error, it is due to a commented out line in the css. Open a terminal, and launch the application from the command line, so when the application stops we might be able to see some error in the terminal.
EA3IHI - David

ea3ihi
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post by ea3ihi » Mon May 18, 2020 5:12 pm

TA2EI wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:07 pm
Hi David,
After a successful installing on a RPI4 I've installed DMRStation SW on a RPI-zero. When I tried to run the SW I got "Fragmentation fault" error message.
Could you please inform us about minimum requirements of the sw?
The binary distribution is compiled for ARM v7. You need a graphic environment, gtk, glib, pulse audio and audio devices for playing and recording. I am not sure about the processor in the pi zero but you can grab the source code and compile it.

David
EA3IHI - David

MM6NRK
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Re: Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post by MM6NRK » Tue May 19, 2020 1:03 pm

ea3ihi wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:11 pm
MM6NRK wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:42 pm
ea3ihi wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:09 pm
Try running the application from a terminal so you can see in the output some clue of what happens.
Here is a video i took of what it is doing .When i use Selfcare password in it cuts off . css error on line 51 it says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0bs1H6 ... e=youtu.be
You can ignore the css error, it is due to a commented out line in the css. Open a terminal, and launch the application from the command line, so when the application stops we might be able to see some error in the terminal.
ok i get this - (DMRstation:943): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

ea3ihi
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post by ea3ihi » Tue May 19, 2020 1:15 pm

It is a general topic related to how the X windows system works and not specific to the application.

As stated in the instructios try using

Code: Select all

DISPLAY=:0 ./DMRstation
EA3IHI - David

MM6NRK
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Re: Side project, "DMR Station" network radio

Post by MM6NRK » Tue May 19, 2020 1:52 pm

ea3ihi wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:15 pm
It is a general topic related to how the X windows system works and not specific to the application.

As stated in the instructios try using

Code: Select all

DISPLAY=:0 ./DMRstation
pi@raspberrypi:/opt/DMRStation $ DISPLAY=:0 ./start.sh

** (DMRstation:1264): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: or g.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
CSS parse error in line 51
DMR status 1
Assertion 's' failed at pulse/stream.c:1483, function pa_stream_write_ext_free() . Aborting.
Aborted

Post Reply