Official Radioddity firmware 3.02.04 problem

EB3EEL

Re: Official Radioddity firmware 3.02.04 problem

Post by EB3EEL » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:31 pm

Thanks for the change, and for the radio in my work have a flasher for another brand of radios and its a fujitsu programmer, have to find the pinout, the program we have is especific for that model.
I try to find some information about how to do the flashing, if its possible i buy a jlink flasher to try to recover the radio, the problem will be to find a rom to put in the radio, because if its unique for every radio, if raddioditty send me the replacement radio could read the rom and try to adapt to the another radio, i think that is complicated and its far from my skills, if not keep the radio for spare parts and use the new radio and try not to brick it.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:56 pm

EB3EEL wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:31 pm
Thanks for the change, and for the radio in my work have a flasher for another brand of radios and its a fujitsu programmer, have to find the pinout, the program we have is especific for that model.
I try to find some information about how to do the flashing, if its possible i buy a jlink flasher to try to recover the radio, the problem will be to find a rom to put in the radio, because if its unique for every radio, if raddioditty send me the replacement radio could read the rom and try to adapt to the another radio, i think that is complicated and its far from my skills, if not keep the radio for spare parts and use the new radio and try not to brick it.
There is a unique key in every ROM, but we have a key generator , that Kai wrote. Also the OpenGD77 does not use that key, it’s only the bootloader which uses the key and I can modify the bootloader to ignore the key.

So you will definitely be able to recover your radio.

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Yes, i found things in github but they are complicated, maybe in the future try to recover the radio, but for now i have to study how to do it, have to read and understand, i found the jlink programmer and have to find the pinout of the connections, on this days here in my country we are in confination at home because the coronavirus, i use this time in work on this, i see that you are very skilled in this things, maybe you can help me in any moment.
Radioddity tellme that they replace the radio, people of customer service say that order the shipment a week ago and send me tracking data, but after two emails no response, have to wait more, i miss to talk via radio ¡¡
Thanks
MR

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:08 pm

I will email you..

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:35 am

EB3EEL wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Thanks
MR
When you press the 2 buttons on the side of the radio SK_1 and SK_2 does the green LED flash, and then when you release the buttons the radio boots into the firmware.

If so, this would indicate that the hardware specific , data has been erased by the bootloader and it will not let you date the firmware via the bootloader.

I have now hacked the bootloader and I will post a version to github, so you can download and 'flash' it into your radio using JLink etc

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:06 am

OK

I have patched the bootloader

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... loader.bin

Please try flashing this onto your radio, and then reboot the radio while pressing SK1 and SK2, and the green LED should light permanently and the radio will accept firmware via the USB cable.

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:16 am

Thank you very much for your interest, now i buy a jlink , but with all the coronavirus affair i dont know when could arrive, while i download the software and prepare the wiring of the radio to try as soon as possible if its work.
Thanks again ¡¡
Mikel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:27 am

EB3EEL wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:16 am
Thank you very much for your interest, now i buy a jlink , but with all the coronavirus affair i dont know when could arrive, while i download the software and prepare the wiring of the radio to try as soon as possible if its work.
Thanks again ¡¡
Mikel
OK

Perhaps you can find some local ham who has a Jlink or some other programmer dongle which can program a MK22 CPU?

I think it may also be possible to make a JLink from a STM32 BluePill board, but I have not managed to fully erase and unlock, the MK22 using the STM32. I can program using a STM32 BluePill board if it is already unlocked.

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:54 am

@Miquel EB3EEL

Hi Miquel.
I believe that before anything else it would have been useful to try rescue firmware v3.1.5. from Radioddity.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=218&p=2313&hilit=RESCUE#p2246

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=648&p=5821&hilit=RESCUE#p5821

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=320&p=2612&hilit=RESCUE#p2612

I do not know if it would have solved, especially after the work that has already been done.
When I had a similar problem I fixed it with rescue firmware v3.1.5. from Radioddity.
In my opinion, trying costs nothing and it might be worth doing it.

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:11 pm

Fabio

I think the bootloader in Miguel’s radio no longer functions.

Yesterday I discovered that if the MCU ROM ‘signature’ bytes are incorrect or erased, that as soon as SK1 or SK2 are released, the bootloader immediately exists and runs the main firmware.

If SK1 and SK2 are held in, the green LED flashes but I don’t think it accepts any firmware uploads.

Miguel needs to tell us, if this is what is happening with his radio.