Official Radioddity firmware 3.02.04 problem

F1RMB

Re: Official Radioddity firmware 3.02.04 problem

Post by F1RMB » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:45 pm

Hi,
EB3EEL wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:31 pm
WEEELLL. :lol: :lol: finaly the radio works, an stupid mistake in the connections, finally can connect to mcu, reprogram it and its alive now, but some little problems, one is that if i upload an official firmware the radio dont work well, the display is in black blocks and dont do anything, after some tests i find that if install the opengd77 firmware all works, the other problem is that i lost the calibration data and cant write it with flash manager, the program dont find the radio, seems that i have to calibrate the radio manually.
Thankyou so much for your help, now i have to finish the program and enjoy it for a long time.
Salut
MR
About the font corruption, it's normal. Official firmware use fonts that are located in the flash, unlike OpenGD77 which embed the fonts inside the firmware itself.
Since you erased the MCU, you lost everything. But it's recoverable by flashing everything back, using the extra window from the CPS.
Of course, your calibrations might be slightly off since you need to flash the ones from another transceiver.

I can share MCU/etc dump, via private emails.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:27 pm

Edit, if i upload the official firmware or the opengd77, the walky shows block characters, only works well if i upload the custom firmware "OpenGD77-NA7Q-1.46.20.sgl" i supose that the problem is the loss of data into rom, flash, and other parts of the memory, the only backup i have is made with Flash manager, but if i try to write it cant find the device, i dont have backup made with opengd77 cps, could be good to have a generic backup of files for this problems.
Thankyou for offer, talk on private.
Salut
MR

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:50 pm

I am surprised the official firmware works at all.

Most versions of the official firmware check the hardware signature bytes in the top of the MCU ROM, and these were already corrupt, as they also control the bootloader.

Hence I patched the bootloader so it did not check those bytes.

It is possible to recreate the signature bytes and insert them into the top of the MCU ROM , but you need to read the 4 Unique ID registers in the MK22 using JLink and then use a tool Kai wrote to generate the Signature bytes data

The contents of the Flash is not a problem.

The only difference between the radios is the calibration data.

You can use anyone’s Flash backup, and then use your own calibration data backup

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:33 am

Thankyou to all, yes i use the file that send me Daniel, and the radio is working well now, finally installed the last version of opengd77 and use it for one day and no probkem, now i have to learn all the keys and features, thanks again, its a great group of people.
Have a good day !!
73s
Mikel Roca

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:25 pm

Hi Miquel

Excellent

Could you describe how you think the problem occurred.

Its very strange, because the problem is almost certainly that the hardware signature bytes at address 0x7F800 were erased, and the only way this can happen is if the firmware or the bootloader erases them.

The OpenGD77 does not have any functions which can do this, so the problem must be caused either by the bootloader or by the official firmware

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:11 pm

I dont remember well how it was, i try the opengd77 firmware , upload my codeplug and use it, after that i update again to official firmware, and in that moment i think that upload a old firmware, when i try to upload a modern firmware 4.2.8, i supose to mistake the file and the radio locks and begin to not transmit, previously i made a backup with flash manager, try to write but the radio dont enter in memory write mode and also not enter in firmware update, after that try another things until find this forum and finally recover it.
Another thing is that i have the official cps, and the community opengd 3.11 or something, maybe i used on or another and this could be part of the problem, its important use the cps and his matching firmware , if not its a mess, and now only use opengd cps and his firmware.
Hope it helps.
Mikel
MR

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:15 pm

Thanks

It sounds like there may be a bug in the official bootloader which has caused this.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:10 am

The OpenGD77 and official CPS don't use the same communication protocol

The official CPS uses USB HID, the OpenGD77 uses USB CDCACM (aka serial comm port)

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:59 pm

pipa wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:55 pm
Even a channel cannot be stored manually in the radio menu. I don't know what to do with it anymore :-(
What do you exactly mean by this ?

Cheers.
---
Daniel

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:33 pm

Pipa, the official FW and CPS not works after the flashing, better use the openGD cps and firmware, now i use the last verions of CPS and Firmvare 11-04-2020 and works well.
Maybe you have to write all the codeplug from zero, but after this the radio works perfect.
Good luck
MR