[solved] VFO was Rx only until I updated my CPS setting

WH6ECG

[solved] VFO was Rx only until I updated my CPS setting

Post by WH6ECG » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Sharing a tip I learned: While exploring VFO mode I was unable to transmit but I could receive. No clues on the keypad or options could explain what prevented transmitting. I checked my codeplug in CPS for VFO and found that my VFO channels had "Rx only" checked. I unchecked them for VFO A and VFO B and reflashed my GD-77. Problem solved. VFO works great. Not a firmware issue, just a setting I had overlooked in the CPS. Posted in case others encounter this issue.
73s and aloha, WH6ECG

VK3KYY

Re: [solved] VFO was Rx only until I updated my CPS setting

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:24 pm

You are not the first person to encounter this.

I think perhaps its the default for the VFO's in the original default codeplug from Radioddity's CPS.

The radio should display RX ONLY if you attempt to Tx on a Rx only channel (including the VFO), because both VFO's are just special types of channel

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:34 am

I got my GD77 during a 2 day power outage, I was soooo frustrated that I was convinced I could FPP it, at least use it in some fashion, but could not, and I don't recall it being obvious that TX was inhibited.

It was only after power was on and I was able to get into the CPS that I discovered the VFO's are RX-only by default.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:01 am

If the GD-77 has the VFO in Rx only , fresh out of the box... Rx only control probably something we need to put into the Channel Details screen, so that it can be enabled or disabled.