NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [9/27][GD-77][DM-1801][RD-5R]

VK3KYY

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [9/27][GD-77][DM-1801][RD-5R]

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Guys,

Its becoming increasingly difficult for me to understand who is doing what with which version, so I'm afraid, I'm going to need to stop discussions about people's own custom versions on this forum

As you may have noticed I had to remove the Custom firmware section because I was receiving regular emails about old custom firmware in that section which were long dormant, but people seem to think I'm responsible for.

I know a significant number of people think this version is my version, and don't know about my repo at all.

Then today, someone said that they sent me a Pull Request to fix bugs in my version, but it looks like they must have forked from another custom version, and I don't have time to track down which of the 89 forks their bug fix is based on.

There are plenty of other places where people can discuss their own version, but its now becoming unmanageable and confusing for both me and other users having multiple versions on the site, each with different functionality.

I'll leave this thread active for another day, but after that it will initially be locked and then I'm going to need to remove it.

NA7Q

Post by NA7Q » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:33 am

Thanks to everyone on here. Thanks to the admins for allowing me to post my builds on here from the beginning until now.

Here's the new domain to host my builds. Join now!
http://forum.hamdesk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:01 am

NA7Q wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:33 am
Thanks to everyone on here. Thanks to the admins for allowing me to post my builds on here from the beginning until now.

Here's the new domain to host my builds. Join now!
http://forum.hamdesk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2
Thanks for your understanding.

I'll lock this thread now, and people can then click on your link to go to the other forum