Couple of suggestions

gw0tqm

Couple of suggestions

Post by gw0tqm » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:43 pm

I agree that the Rx Group is misnamed now (but its still called this in the firmware when you [BLUE][GREEN] a memory. You cant call it a Talkgroup group though! Talkgroup list I suppose.

The cps guide uses [FUNCTION] for the blue key but doesnt use [MENU] for the green key - thats a bit inconsistent - Wouldnt [BLUE] [GREEN] [ORANGE] and [BLACK] be better referred to as they look - so [GREEN] opens main menu, [BLUE] then [GREEN] opens a memory etc. [ORANGE] then [ORANGE] starts scan etc...

A final quibble (and that is what these are) pressing [GREEN] then * locks the keypad but doesn't tell you it has. Then pressing [BLUE] then * doesn't unlock it because you have to HOLD [BLUE] and * . Why the difference?

I have opengd77 on all three of my GD77s now (one for local repeater use and two to use as a hotspot/radio pair). I dont plan on buying any more.....yet

:)
Carl

F1RMB

Re: Couple of suggestions

Post by F1RMB » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi,
gw0tqm wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:43 pm
I agree that the Rx Group is misnamed now (but its still called this in the firmware when you [BLUE][GREEN] a memory. You cant call it a Talkgroup group though! Talkgroup list I suppose.

The cps guide uses [FUNCTION] for the blue key but doesnt use [MENU] for the green key - thats a bit inconsistent - Wouldnt [BLUE] [GREEN] [ORANGE] and [BLACK] be better referred to as they look - so [GREEN] opens main menu, [BLUE] then [GREEN] opens a memory etc. [ORANGE] then [ORANGE] starts scan etc...

A final quibble (and that is what these are) pressing [GREEN] then * locks the keypad but doesn't tell you it has. Then pressing [BLUE] then * doesn't unlock it because you have to HOLD [BLUE] and * . Why the difference?

I have opengd77 on all three of my GD77s now (one for local repeater use and two to use as a hotspot/radio pair). I dont plan on buying any more.....yet

:)
Carl
I'm not sure you're running the latest release of the firmware.

When you lock of unlock (keypad and/or PTT), the UI displays this information on the screen for a second.

About unlocking the PTT/Keypad, the shortcut is '[BLUE] + *' (as written on screen), it's a combination of keys, not a succession.

About BLUE, BLACK (ORANGE is handled differently), they are modifier keys (just like Shift/Ctrl/Alt on your computer keyboard). So, as a modifier key, it should be pressed at the same, or before pressing the given keypad key.

Cheers.
---
Daniel