Menu(s) order

SV3IBF

Re: Menu(s) order

Post by SV3IBF » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:37 pm

deon wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:55 pm
This is more of a user experience thing, but I think it would be more intuitive to have the menu return to the previously selected item when clicking back. E.g. when I go to Options and click back/cancel, the menu returns to Zone rather than Contacts.
+1

footloosejava

Post by footloosejava » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:15 pm

I think that as the bugz and features stabilize, and people are not installing firmware as often, the preferred order of the menus will also change.

I won't need access to 'Display Brightness' or 'Beep Volume' or other things that the radio might forget during an install as often. Then I really don't need those things to be easily accessible.

Ultimately, the order of menus and such can be configurable in the CPS, no?

Until then, I'd prefer to have them as:

- Recent Channels (feature to see the last few Channels set to)
- Last Heard
- Zones (alphabetical)
- Channel Details
- Contacts

It's like looking at the top bar in a Word or Excel app. Those are all the most often used functions and don't usually have to do with set-and-forget settings which are usually moved under 'settings' somewhere.

I just think that the menus and buttons assignment is still premature until bugz and features have stabilized. Then, after people have all used it for a few weeks, the customizations can be revisited with a more thorough survey.

OK - I've talked far too much :)
Last edited by footloosejava on Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

footloosejava

Post by footloosejava » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:17 pm

deon wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:55 pm
This is more of a user experience thing, but I think it would be more intuitive to have the menu return to the previously selected item when clicking back. E.g. when I go to Options and click back/cancel, the menu returns to Zone rather than Contacts.
+1 also. Return up the nesting path that was used to access said option.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi,

I've just made a PR for this.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:38 pm

Daniel.