[Proposal] RX Frequency and Offset in Channel Mode

KC7RBW

Re: [Proposal] RX Frequency and Offset in Channel Mode

Post by KC7RBW » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:35 am

NA7Q wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:28 am
KC7RBW, would it be okay if I possibly used your code in my unofficial builds?
Absolutely okay! I separated it into three discreet patches, which hopefully should be maintainable. Be sure to grab all three.

footloosejava

Post by footloosejava » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 am

I'm not sure I like the display. To me it looks cluttered at the bottom and with all the lines.
I do find the feature useful.
Can it be invoked then on-the-fly?
Say press [some button] + [?] to show frequency somewhere until toggled again?
I really only want to see it sometimes, or when auditing to make sure the CPS was read and imported properly.
I'll be following to see how this evolves.

KC7RBW

Post by KC7RBW » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:45 pm

footloosejava wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 am
Can it be invoked then on-the-fly?
Say press [some button] + [?] to show frequency somewhere until toggled again?
SK1 already shows the frequencies etc. so I don't think Roger et. al. would accept another hotkey that does basically the same thing. Making it optional does seem like a good idea (defaulted off?). I'm not sure what other information would be good to put in the footer, but I'm thinking of making the option an enum so that other data options could easily be added.
footloosejava wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 am
I really only want to see it sometimes, or when auditing to make sure the CPS was read and imported properly.
I'll be following to see how this evolves.
Understood. Thanks again for your feedback!

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:10 pm

What SK1 does is likely to need to be user defined, in the official firmware the user can choose what long and short presses on this button does.

We are just doing things this way as a short term solution, until we have time to write a much more complex implementation, which would also need to include changes to the CPS

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:26 am

I like the idea, personally I think showing the Channel is a waste of valuable screen space, the frequency is neat but not sure I'd need it on there. I know ROM space is very limited, but some options here would be great. I would personally love to see last heard info on the screen all the time, until you change channel/zone of course and it should reset. But I'm often having to go into the LH screen (which is unfortunately getting harder and harder, my blue button gets harder to make work every day..... meh)