Changing channels with different Rx group lists

OK1TE

Re: Changing channels with different Rx group lists

Post by OK1TE » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:22 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:11 pm
I have codeplugs for different networks, (BM DMR MARC etc), and if the same TG is available on both networks e.g. TG9, TG 505 are both OK for both networks, then I arrange my codeplugs so that those 2 TG's are in the same position in the different TG lists, so that even if I change channel to one which has a different TG list, then the TG remains the same.

Everyone has their own way of building a codeplug, there isn't a single "correct way" to build a codeplug.
I absolutely didn't want to force the only correct way to build a codeplug. I just couldn't imagine resetting the index when the contact changes among lists on the same index would break someone's smart design.

BTW my proposal works for your case. If the contact on the selected index is the same (TG9) it's still used. I was suggesting a reset only for cases when the contacts don't match.

ok1icq

Post by ok1icq » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:33 pm

Hi.
I'm also a fan of resetting the contact to the first one in the list when the contacts don't match.
But I have one more important thing here. In the new firmware the contacts are perfectly announced by voice prompt, thanx a lot for this. But along with this there's also the mode announced with each keypress. So it says e.g. "mode DMR, channel OK0ND, Contact OK". second keypress: "Mode DMR, channel OK0OMX, contact OK", third keypress "Mode FM, channel OK0N". I'd prefer to announce the mode just when they change from DMR to FM and back. Cause when you go fast arrows up/down e.g. in a zone full of DMR repeaters, it just says "dmr, dmr, dmr... it's too long to get the spoken info we need. Thanx a lot!
Tom

OK1TE

Post by OK1TE » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:11 am

Yes... It's probably for another topic, but as it is already written here...

Please, announce the mode either only on mode change or at least after the channel name.
BTW, there I think works your old idea, you can deduce the mode from other info. If the contact is announced, you are in DMR, if not, you are on FM...

Maybe it's time to utilize the VP level 2...

It's really hard to find the border between a lack of information and too talkative design, I know. And thank you again for the VP feature

vk7js

Post by vk7js » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:34 pm

I do like the mode indication but it really needs to be after the channel name. As already pointed out, if you depend only on voice prompts, at level 3, one cannot change channels efficiently since one must wait for the mode announcement before the channel name is spoken. THis is very very inefficient. I think Daniel is underestimating the impact this has on the blind hams community. When you are quickly looking for a channel, you want to hear that info first. Once you stop on a channel, the mode and contact info is very useful.