Changing the squelch level

OK1TE

Changing the squelch level

Post by OK1TE » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:31 pm

Hello,
when changing a channel (or power-cycling) and then trying to change the squelch level, after first Left/Right press the current level is shown and not changed. This is inconsistent with the VFOs, where even the first press changes the squelch settings.
Moreover, once changing the level and e.g. switching to VFO and back to the channel, the level is then changed after the first press.

Is this a wanted behavior?

VK3KYY

Re: Changing the squelch level

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:36 pm

I see no bugs with the functionality

It correctly changes the squelch level when I press Left or Right on both the Channel and VFO screens.

The Channel and VFO screens maintain their own separate squelch settings. Both VFOs maintain their own separate squelch settings.

ok1pt

Post by ok1pt » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:31 am

Hi!
When I go to an analog channel (individual squelch setting not applied on it) and then press left or right button, first press causes the same: The Squelch bar appears and the squelch level is LOWERED (yes, even for the right button). My global squelch setting is well tuned to be on the first step above the level, where it starts to open (green LED blinking and noise bursts on the audio output) so I can say for sure, that even the right button is lowering the squelch level, because exactly this starts to happen. So, pressing Right two times sets the original position back.
This problem reappears after changing a channel or by a power cycle. Switch to VFO and back to Memory mode doesn't cause it.
I believe that it's the same problem which is reported by OK1TE, possibly his settings are not so tight that he doesn't recognize that the first press always lowers the squelch setting, or his radio behaves differently. Using firmware from 28.12.2020.
With regards & 73,
Pavel

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:43 am

Hi,

I see, on the first press when landing on a channel or VFO (after uploading the codeplug), the value is not increased/decreased, but on the second keypress it does.
Bugfix on its way.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:32 am

From what I can recall the original idea was that the first press would simply display the squelch setting and not change it.

However as the code has evolved the functionality of this has become inconsistent.

With the VFO the bug would only ocur the first time the squelch was changed after uploading the codeplug, however on the Channel screen it would happen every time the channel was changed.

Daniel has sent me an update to make it consistently immediatly update the squelch value for both the VFO and the Channel screen.