Changing Talkgroups

NO8J

Changing Talkgroups

Post by NO8J » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:20 am

Hi All,

I absolutely love the ability to enter a new talkgroup using the hash key, or by using the arrow < or > arrow keys.

I do have one question. If I am listening on a talkgroup that has activity is there a way to disconnect from the talkgroup? I have found that some amateurs don't allow enough of a gap between conversations to change to a new talkgroup.

Thanks and 73, Mark NO8J

KC7RBW

Re: Changing Talkgroups

Post by KC7RBW » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:18 am

That depends on the network, and on how the repeater is configured, and not on the radio features.

VK3KYY

Re: Changing Talkgroups

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:05 am

NO8J wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:20 am
Hi All,

I absolutely love the ability to enter a new talkgroup using the hash key, or by using the arrow < or > arrow keys.

I do have one question. If I am listening on a talkgroup that has activity is there a way to disconnect from the talkgroup? I have found that some amateurs don't allow enough of a gap between conversations to change to a new talkgroup.

Thanks and 73, Mark NO8J
There are a couple of solutions to this

1. On Brandmeister. Register for a "Self Care" account, the login and on the dashboard, you can remove the current TG connection to your hotspot
2. Use a duplex hotspot which can still receive, while the other station is transmitting, hence you can in theory set another TG or disconnect from the current TG. Note, in practice sometimes BM gets so overloaded that even telling it to disconnect multiple times doesn't work.