Add new channel to current zone

VK3KYY

Add new channel to current zone

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:55 am

Guys
I'm working on a new feature, so that when you create a new channel in the VFO, that the new channel can be added to the current zone that the Channel screen is set to.

If the Channel screen was set to the All Channels zone, the functionality is almost the same, except the Channel screen is changed to the newly created channel.

If the Channel screen was set to a real zone, then the new channel is permanently added to that zone, in the codeplug in the radio, and the Channel screen is set to the new channel

Note.
There is no way to remove a channel from a Zone, so if you accidently add the new channel to the wrong zone, you'll need to use the CPS to remove from that zone.
But its not practical to have every feature in the CPS added to the firmware, as there simply is not space in the program memory of the radio for that.

The experimental firmware can be downloaded from my google drive.
(I've only tested it on the GD77)

I recommend you make sure you have a backup of the codeplug in your radio before trying this..

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Ik0nwg

Re: Add new channel to current zone

Post by Ik0nwg » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 am

It works very well ... I positioned myself in the area where to save the new channel ... I moved to the vfo I entered the data and saved .... the new channel immediately available in the previously chosen area .... I tried also to read the radio with CPS ... Very useful this function thanks
ciao Roger

IU8OGE

Post by IU8OGE » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:39 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:55 am
Guys
I'm working on a new feature, so that when you create a new channel in the VFO, that the new channel can be added to the current zone that the Channel screen is set to.

If the Channel screen was set to the All Channels zone, the functionality is almost the same, except the Channel screen is changed to the newly created channel.

If the Channel screen was set to a real zone, then the new channel is permanently added to that zone, in the codeplug in the radio, and the Channel screen is set to the new channel

Note.
There is no way to remove a channel from a Zone, so if you accidently add the new channel to the wrong zone, you'll need to use the CPS to remove from that zone.
But its not practical to have every feature in the CPS added to the firmware, as there simply is not space in the program memory of the radio for that.

The experimental firmware can be downloaded from my google drive.
(I've only tested it on the GD77)

I recommend you make sure you have a backup of the codeplug in your radio before trying this..

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

this is great could you give more installation information ?
Seems as a firmware addon, so simply download the firmware and upload in the radio using cps /firmware loader /select file
no setting will be lost ?

IW2FHM

Post by IW2FHM » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:12 pm

Hello Roger, tanks for your nais job. Way not include name of channels change and memorize them???
Roberto

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 pm

IW2FHM wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:12 pm
Hello Roger, tanks for your nais job. Way not include name of channels change and memorize them???
Roberto
I don't understand what you mean.

Channels are initially given a generic name,based on their position in the contacts data memory.

e.g. "New channel 27"

You can change the name after its created in the Channel Details screen.

Forcing people to enter a name when they create the channel would take a long time, and some people need to quickly create channels.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Ik0nwg wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 am
It works very well ... I positioned myself in the area where to save the new channel ... I moved to the vfo I entered the data and saved .... the new channel immediately available in the previously chosen area .... I tried also to read the radio with CPS ... Very useful this function thanks
ciao Roger
Sal

Thanks again for testing.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:40 pm

I've noticed some small problems with DMR Timeslot in my initial implementation

For example...
If the VFO is set to "Repeater slot" 2 in the CPS (or Channel Detail screen), but the operator changes the TS to 1 before making the new channel, the underlying TS on the channel is still 2, as this is the underlying VFO TS

So I need to fix this...

But apart from that, I think this new feature is now stable enough to go into the Development/Unstable version, for wider release